Tulpa experience

Believe OM explained this above.
(a few posts below the post you’re replying to)

2 Likes

I did read it but maybe I’m dense, I just don’t see the connection.

1 Like

Haha yes sometimes the filter is too strong :laughing:
It’s happened to me too lol

1 Like

You mean filter as in bias?

1 Like

The words are there, you’re reading it but you read 1 and + and 1 but don’t see how it equals 2.
Maybe you can call it bias, it’s more like a cognitive/ego filter I think.

I see OM typing so I don’t want to “interrupt” on that side. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s entirely possible! I’ll let him answer and see if I can make the connection better after :slight_smile:

The big bad in Stranger Things was her Tulpa which manifested in the real real world.

This happened in real life at Montauk cause people in real life think they have their shit together. They don’t. Not unless they are enlightened and have their egos under complete control.

Everyone’s ego, at it’s worst, is like the beast in Stranger Things.
(yeah, way worse the theoretical “Hitler” argument everyone likes to make)
The season 1 ending could be interpreted as a loose metaphor for her enlightenment.

See this post for further elucidation

6 Likes

So the inference I am seeing here (correct me if I am wrong) is that anyone that creates a tulpa and doesn’t have their ego completely in check has a high chance of creating something that may wreck havoc in the world. May ask on what else this is based on outside the Montauk Experiment?

Yes… in your personal world.
Don’t think anyone here has access to Montauk level tech.

There are many stories of the “Tulpa” in history. Also known as “Golems”.
Story of Dr. Frankenstein comes to mind as another metaphor.

As said above, not sure the fascination with them.
But thousands of new people get addicted to heroin thinking they know better :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Just re-reading thread…

11 Likes

Ah! That seems key in my opinion. I just couldn’t see the correlation between a government funded black ops operation that aims to use paranormal means to fuck people up and ordinary blokes creating a tulpa for their own -admittedly ego-driven- personal needs. As far as I can see, the tulpa would only have as much power as the person creating it, so for it to wreak havoc of such proportions as you describe seems highly unlikely, unless the person has undiscovered enormous psychic abilities (which I’d guess also fit into the highly unlikely category). Although, granted, it may wreak havoc in their own lives.

My personal experience with a tulpa is drastically different than what you describe here, which is why I was curious to make the connection between what you were writing and common tulpa creation. Perhaps the filter that @MonkeyOwl was referring to?

I unknowingly created a tulpa a few years ago. At the time I was reading about the subconscious/unconscious, inner being, higher self, etc and I started lovingly talking to “it”, whatever that was. Sometimes confiding, sometimes asking questions. I didn’t know it then but I guess I started the process of tulpa creation. And to my surprise, eventually something answered. Since then, I’ve had connections with my guides as well as other “higher” things and I ended up realising that whatever was answering was something else.

I encountered the concept of tulpa a few months ago and had a hunch that that’s what that was. I read pretty much all I could find on the subject, as well as devouring the subreddit, especially interested in people’s experiences. Interestingly, they are markedly different than what you infer but perhaps people with bad experiences -although I did read a few- don’t stick around to talk about it, I do not know.

My personal impression on tulpa creation prior to this thread (I will think about what you said and digest it) is that it’s just like having children (and I realise it might be a wildly unpopular opinion, I hope not to offend here): it would be preferable to see it as a privilege rather than a right as it is the greatest responsibility and in my opinion unwise to do casually. Especially if it’s because you don’t love yourself and you hope it will make you whole. Rather it is something to do in love and aware to the best of one’s ability of what it involves.

All that being said, as I previously mentioned, my experience with my tulpa is very very different than what you mention. She seems to be the better parts of me, unaffected by what I tend to label as my negative life experiences and consequently adopted beliefs. As such, she reminds me not to take things seriously in this grand masquerade, to forgive, to love and to take a step back to observe, rather than being part of the drama. She is encouraging and loving.

Although our opinion on what the ego is does differ in some regard, I can assuredly say that I’m far from enlightened :P So I don’t know why it happened this way (perhaps beliefs had a part in it?) but I am truly glad it did. It enriches my life and makes me a better person. So while I wouldn’t recommend to just anyone to fuck about with this process just ‘cause (it is creating a being after all), I certainly can see how it could have great potential for betterment and happiness, if done adequately. But it’s like most things in life in my opinion: conscious intention and attention is everything.

4 Likes

It’s just very different in my own personal experience. It’s a bit like the difference between having help while you cook and sharing the meal with someone.

Not sure you created an actual Tulpa, then.
Like servitors, aspects of the subconscious can be partitioned off to become semi-independent self-acting programs.

Even beneficial astral beings can “show up” pretending to be what one hoped for, when in reality, most people would call them by traditional names, like “guardian angels.”

I stand by my original assessment, which Capt Nemo verified.
Real Tulpa creation is not something to mess with (having Montauk tech was just the extreme version of what happens on a personal level without the tech), as long term, the results have proven detrimental to one’s original goals.

10 Likes

Just to make sure we’re not having a debate of semantics, what is your definition of tulpa?
Mine (based on my interpretation of what I have read, not claiming to be right) is: a fully sentient personality created by another personality, both residing within the same body.

Are you referring to the previous quote you cited (taken from this thread)?

1 Like

Kinda seems like you wanna debate this rather than sincerely look for information on it.

I’m not really interested in debating.
As many have discovered here, over time, my seemingly undecipherable or “controversial” assessments tend to prove right over time. :man_shrugging:

I’m glad you’ve created something that is supporting you :slightly_smiling_face:…whatever it may be or label it’s named.
Your experiences are your experiences.

So at this time, I’ll leave the thread.

6 Likes

As i wrote earlier:

I was under the impression that we were having a discussion. I especially love doing that with people with differing points of view, that’s when I learn the most :slight_smile: Sorry if that came across as different! I enjoyed the back and forth, but wanted to make sure we were using the same terminology before I processed what you had said and getting back to you, after I had time to think. If we ever get to know each other better, you’ll find that I’m not attached to being right. I like constantly challenging my opinions, which is what I was attempting to do here :slight_smile:

Thank you, I appreciate it!

3 Likes

By not creating them.

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking Synthesia and Enhanced Visual Processing can be very useful in the creation of one’s own tulpas. Anyone with experience in tulpa-making feel free to give their thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.

This topic has been extensively discussed on the forum. The general consensus is that it’s a very bad, terrible idea.

3 Likes

I believe one does not need Tulpas when you have Angelic Intercession and Alien Intercession and Cosmic Intercession. The universe is so big and so full of life, there are friendly beings out there for everyone and for every purpose.

4 Likes