What Spiritual practices?

What practices (other than star reiki) should one do in day to day life as I find fields cover most areas. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

I do Nianfo (recitation of Namo Amituofo) because you can never go wrong with rebirth in Pure Land. Also the mantra of Guru Rinpoche, very powerful for removing obstacles and generally living a good life. I find mantras more powerful than fields, although of course fields work by themselves so they’re way more handy.

ETA: also, I was conflicted about sharing this but I have very personal experiences with daily 108 prostrations to Bodhisattva Guan Yin and Buddha Amitabha. Prostrations are said to burn bad karma related to the body, and a chronic pain condition I had completely disappeared after a few weeks of doing that. I have no other explanations for it and it’s very weird because all other forms of “exercise” would just be too painful for me, but all my symptoms resolved in a matter of weeks (I’d had pain for 2+ years) and together with my doctor we decided to taper off the medications I was taking. I’m now healthy, do a lot of sports and no longer take those meds.

5 Likes

There is no one answer for everyone, but I think nobody will hurt themselves meditating and doing prayer/gratitude practices daily.
Even just few minutes can work wonders

4 Likes

Five Tibetan Rites
Pranayama

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Question, When reciting Buddhist mantras do you just have to keep 100% focus on the mantra or does anything else have to be done ?

1 Like

You can simply focus on the mantra. I also do Nianfo while walking since I have to walk a lot, although of course just focusing on the mantra would be better. For some mantras there are visualizations and prayers that go with them, but those are practices to be received by a proper teachers and after taking individual liberation vows or bodhisattva vows. For most of us just the mantra works miracles.

2 Likes

Being in complete stillness and/or uttering god’s name meaning the divine consciousness is the most profound practice you can do in my perception. Some mantra’s are more potent than others but always keep your focus on the divine. Another thing is don’t expect anything. Don’t do practices because you want to achieve something. Realizing your divine nature isn’t a business transaction. The action is fully surrendered. Pour your heart out. Be in love with the divine. It’s not a doing but a realization. It’s a endless process…

Lately i started to do a full cycle of the vedas. The next one is the most important of the five. Listening to them or uttering them should deeply move your deepest essence.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Would u recommend any mantra in particular ?

1 Like