What TV shows are youwatching?

Yellowstone :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

9.4 on IMDB :exploding_head:
Cant wait to watch it

2 Likes

Insane, illegal, criminally good. This movie is playing with my mind more than Schrödinger’s cat.

2 Likes

It is so good man… I just watched the second episode last night. The first episode was very engaging though that kinda felt like you were watching a ‘disaster movie’ such as War of the Worlds, 2012 or Dante’s Peak etc. It’s the same storyline as the PS game but there’s a lot of backstory to it and expands more on narrative details that were shortened down or dismissed in the game version.

As usual in most TV shows and movies these days, there’s still all that diversity shit involved since the game originally was predominantly a Caucasian cast. The main characters Joel and Tommy (two brothers) are not Hispanic and Joel’s daughter weren’t Multiracial either since the adaptation says they should be White American. I’m not saying it’s major deal but if it’s an adaptation it should be as accurate as possible. Imagine if Star Wars fans watched the new Kenobi series and some Indian or Chinese guy was casted to be Obi-Wan Kenobi instead of Ewan McGregor, i think a lot of people would be pissed off. Nothing wrong with having a White cast if it’s accurate… it’s not racist :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The backstory really does emphasise the situation of the fungus pandemic in a disturbing way especially, which they didn’t really narrate in the game as that was more focused on the survival, investment of characters and apocalyptic aftermath aspects. It also mentions how deadly/devastating plagues like viruses and prions as such can be successfully conquered/cured eventually with the current science, research and technology they have. Although a life threatening aggressive fungus strain cant since there’s no medicine or cure to a fungus outbreak. The only solution would be to drop a large bomb on the target population infected area whether a city, region or country… depending on how far it’s spread.

I’m hoping in the future they’ll do a Walking Dead adaptation spin off based on Lee and Clementines story from the Telltale game series. It’s a lot better experience than the Last of Us and it even achieved game of year award back in 2012 for great storytelling.

3 Likes

So I loved Sandman on Netflix. Recently, they seem to have added another episode that was animated, and something about cats. I just did not get what this was all about lol

3 Likes

Thank you for bringing it to my attention @Dyslexic_Professor

4 Likes

Best show ever!!!

5 Likes

Even better while listening to the Mind Settings Album

3 Likes

I just finished watching The Snow Girl on Netflix. I highly recommend it! I really hope there will be a second season.

2 Likes

It is on my list!!

Got distracted a bit by Lockwood & Co haha

2 Likes

Never heard of it til now but I will start it tonight! It looks good.

“A tiny startup, run by two teenage boys and a newly arrived, supremely psychically gifted girl, a renegade trio destined to unravel a mystery that will change the course of history.”

Btw- the term “start-up” reminded me of the show Start-Up that is also a must watch from Netflix.

2 Likes

I am hooked already after just finishing the first episode!

1 Like

Don’t know who needs to hear this but…

:loudspeaker: The Mandalorian Season 3 coming March 1st

6 Likes

“There is no before. No after. Only now.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

Does this count?
[Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog ](https://www. youtube dot com/watch?v=Of9kHpCv1ts)

2 Likes

Anything with those actors count.

“What did I just watch?” movie (or scifi adventure anime) from 90s Japan.

6.4/10 (that’s the actual rating, which is kinda accurate).

I’d watch any old anime movie though.

1 Like
2 Likes

Der Schwarm - Basierend auf dem Bestseller von Frank Schätzing - ZDFmediathek

There is this series released based on the novel by Frank Schätzing - Der Schwarm - The Swarm.
Its here in the zdf mediathek; if you set up a VPN with server location in germany you can watch it too. Plus it can be watched in English and with subtitles if needed.

I read the book a very long time ago, it had a thousand pages and was quite fascinating.
Amazon.com: The Swarm: A Novel eBook : Schatzing, Frank: Kindle-Shop

2 Likes

Ghosts, originally on BBC but watching on HBO max

The first season is extra zany and a little slow moving but the second season really hits its stride and balances the adorable comedy with really deep themes which illustrate the human condition across centuries.

Starting the third season now …

3 Likes