What TV shows are youwatching?

Only watched the first one. I’ve heard the third one sucked. Is this why they’re remaking it?

They should remake Spider-Man 3 as well then. It’s often called the Godfather of superhero movies in that the first ones are awesome and the third one really sucks :joy:

Wow, did not know this!! :scream:

2 Likes

As a former Chess player… EXcUsE mE

7 Likes

Yes, it is :) (I saw your post only now). It has a quite large audience here (also due to the actors - extra famous ones).

It has partly inspired me to do the Göbeklitepe portal request on the forum a couple of weeks ago :)

4 Likes

None. I havent turned a tv on in probably 6 years :ok_hand:

1 Like

Another Turkish show I completed watching was The Protector! They jump timelines there and alter realities…

1 Like

Yes when I saw that I thought of this series right away :joy:

1 Like

Yes they also jump in The Gift so I guess timelines are the thing with Turkish writers/producers who work for Netflix hehe

2 Likes

Oh dear :pleading_face:

2 Likes

lolll, I like chess too (horrible at it) but… it is two people sitting across eachother in a table moving pieces. Directors did a great job of showing how intense these games are through the player’s expressions. They kept it entertaining all throughout the show!

9 Likes

I’m still confused about this. Is this a remake of godfather 3 or just reedited to make it better? Godfather 1 and 2 are 2 of my favorite movies ever by the way. Never saw godfather 3 cause some trusted sources said don’t bother.

6 Likes

just reediting it.

I’ll always love Godfather 3…
There’s a whole story of manifesting tickets thru a radio call in and then getting there early and looking under each theatre seat for the “prize cards” with a friend.
Winning Godfather paraphernalia. Think even one of the no-name actors in the movie showed up to give a speech beforehand.

So I’ll never NOT like this movie.

I’ve spent decades defending it… explaining how it’s almost shot for shot like the first one but people just don’t love it.
And that finale scene will always be one of the single best pieces of masterful acting by everyone involved.

So yeah, I guess it’s a re-editing with perhaps some cut scenes being readded and the order of it being changed around.

7 Likes

I’ll watch the re-edit for sure. Would love to see how the story ends eh. Godfather 2’s end was brilliant but it wasn’t the end to Corleone’s story.

4 Likes

No spoilers (i was just about to post that scene … glad I didn’t) but those last 2 scenes are… powerful!

3 Likes

No spoilers…
But here’s the beautiful music for the finale scenes

7 Likes

I have Godfather 1 theme music as my phone’s ringtone for a decade now… really freaks some people out haha

8 Likes

Why’s that? Classic beautiful music… do they think you are in the mob?

4 Likes

I think it’s the mob thing… A lady at work even said, “are you like in some gang”? :rofl: I don’t think I would survive in a gang for even a day!

6 Likes

/mumbles something about humanity/

On the East Coast, no one would even think twice and in fact people would say “Noooice!”

/mumbles some more about humanity/

5 Likes

That was uh… very, very touching. Can only imagine what happens this scene haha. Love pieces like this. Have come to really appreciate classical music the past few years.

5 Likes