What TV shows are youwatching?

Not really sure what this is, seems to have a very occult-y feel to it…

2 Likes

Has anybody watched Cathedral of the Sea (La Catedral del Mar). It’s a Spanish show set in 14th century Barcelona. Sort of a rags to riches story. Very nice.

1 Like
7 Likes

Anyone see this series ‘Brave New World’? Saw the first episode… looks interesting.

It’s based on Aldous Huxley’s book Brave New World about a future dystopian world.

6 Likes

yeah…it’s deeply disturbing and upsetting …just like the book.

There’s lots of nudity…so there’s that :slight_smile:

Seriously, it’s a good take on the book…which is deeply disturbing and upsetting :rofl:

5 Likes

No kidding! With the first episode, I was like…

Very surprised that it is being streamed by NBC. The big networks are notorious for censoring.

Usually, adaptations are iffy so good to know. Will continue watching it.Thanks!

3 Likes

yeah looks a bit cringy… I’m not convinced :D
I think netflix identified people who “like overly dramatic, superficial occult stuff for added mystery” as a subgroup of consumers and they create shows for them.
There is Ares which is Dutch, one about “secret societies” which is set in the US (cant recall the name), there is Luna Nera (Italian), a dramedy with characters in their early 20s and a witch from the past as the main character (Colombian)… and a bunch of other forgettable shows with pseudo-spiritual/-occult story.

The one I liked was a French one called Black Spot, which has celtic elements and the main character has a connection to the forest in this remote area (black spot - no network connection) that is not fully explained with a mystery lingering in the air.
I couldnt find an english trailer, this is in french: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOMUfC4Npw&ab_channel=olivierogneux

And the other one I liked was a Norwegian one called Ragnarok because I really enjoyed how they put some elements of the mythology into modern day. Kind of like how the Sherlock series with Cumberbatch (seasons 1-3) were also amazing if you are a fan of the books. The way certain elements were incorporated to fit the modern story couldnt have been more creative but at the same time respectful towards the original material.

2 Likes

Yes, Ragnarok was really good!

2 Likes

I’m glad you said that, i just read up on it now after i posted and apparently it was not well received in Norway at all! They wrote that people don’t speak in the geographically correct dialect, and that it feels more like a danish series rather than norwegian (it was a danish production)… so maybe it’s not as thought out as I remembered - however, I’m not from either of those countries so this is not something that I could have noticed anyway. but it got 7.5 at imdb which is all right :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hehe! Well the norwegians probably didn’t like the danish take of their culture! The danes make really good movies and series, the don’t shy away from things.
Planned for a second season I think…

Said by a swede who really likes both countries movie/series productions!

3 Likes

Blood of Zeus on Netflix is awesome

1 Like

Anyone seen this?

Just finished it and definitely something, don’t know what to think of it. Would like to hear from others.

3 Likes

Ha! Yes, I’ve seen it! It’s supposed to take place in a village just outside my town. It started off good I think but derailed and got too much…
Hard to find words for it. Nice photo though. Arty.

4 Likes

Agree 100%!

5 Likes

We often do!:wink:

6 Likes

Yes for sure!!!

4 Likes

Yeah definitely.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Has anybody watched the show, “The Vow” about the sex cult, NXIVM?

1 Like

I did, was underwhelmed - seemed to show the predator in a much more positive light than he deserved, and dragged on forever!

Some “rats” like Mark Vicente who jumped a sinking ship are behind the production of The Vow, so I am not surprised.

I found Seduced to be a much better documentary on this cult.

4 Likes