What TV shows are youwatching?

This doesn’t premiere until the 24th September, but I’m so excited for it…the book series is in my GOAT SF list!

7 Likes

Is it the books by Asimov?
Never dived into those strangley enough, though I love sci fi…
Great with a “ second chance”! :wink:

6 Likes

Looks yummy!

4 Likes

Never heard of these books. This series looks pretty cool.

2 Likes

Yes it is! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Yes it does…I almost fainted from excitement watching it :joy:

2 Likes

Lol ngl I’m kinda pumped to see it

Theme music…yes please.
Dude from Mad Men (name escapes me)… check.

Lol thanks for the recommendation.

/Glares at @Yuichi / :joy:

6 Likes

@Jossette @_OM So, reading a bit more about Foundation, I came across this below. :point_down: :hushed:

Asimov did indeed believe that Star Wars was influenced by Foundation, and has said so several times; in an introduction in 1983:

I modeled my “Galactic Empire” (a phrase I think I was the first to use) quite consciously on the Roman Empire. Ever since then, other science fiction writers have been following the fashion, and have written series of their own after the fashion of the Foundation series. In fact, in the late 1970s the Galactic Empire reached the movies in the enormously popular Star Wars, which, here and there, offered rather more than a whiff of the Foundation. (No, I don’t mind. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and I certainly imitated Edward Gibbon, so I can scarcely object if someone imitates me.)
Empires (1983), collected in The Tyrannosaurus Prescription (1989)

NOW, I’m even more curious and excited about this series. Looking forward to chatting about it here. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Jared Harris??

3 Likes

:pray:

2 Likes

From what I remember, George Lucas has never credited Asimov as an influence on Star Wars…but to be fair, as Asimov says, there were space operas before Foundation that even influenced him.

Personally, I completely believe that Lucas was heavily influenced by Foundation on the structure of the Galactic Empire and Coruscant is most definitely based on Foundation’s city planet Trantor, but all creatives unconsciously and consciously borrow from as many sources as possible.
Anyways, this is just my humble two cents…

3 Likes

Currently watching the 1st episode (React) of “Human: The world within” on Netflix

Great show so far, highly recommend for anyone wanting to make a brain stack and try and understand more of the human memory in a entertaining manner.

4 Likes

Watched vertigo
Everything brilliant , but right before it ended, the scene

tenor (16)tenor (17) tenor (15)

1 Like

tenor (19)

3 Likes

Can anybody recommend a show that has some comedy but isn’t necessarily a comedy? I re watched breaking bad for the third time and i appreciated the humor that was lightly sprinkled in. I then watched Ozark and while I thought it was well done, It just was too heavy for me.

I think the best example of comedy mixed with drama imo has to be Weeds. It’s always fun to re watch that. I also love Dexter. I know these shows have dark subject matter but it’s really easy for me to digest. Shows that can joke and fun once in the while are the best.

I’m planning on watching dark but I don’t think i’m in the right head space right now.

Funny you should mention…

New show on … dark comedy with a specific “twist” on the comedy angle.
Was thinking of describing it as a reminiscent of “Weeds”

3 Likes

I liked schitts creek. I’ll check this one out, thanks. Tbh the title kind of threw me off lol. Like i’m sure kevin isn’t that bad.

1 Like

I guess I should also mention that Shows that are finished are preferable because I hate waiting for the next ep.

The title is inspired by an actual sitcom that had a bit of controversy regarding how it treated some of the actors.
Interesting back data that can enhance the “inside joke” if you know it, but after the first episode, it’s not needed for enjoyment.

1 Like

I always find myself finding shows with a really interesting plot and it turns out to just be another detective show. I liked them for a while but after so many, they all seem the same. I watched Medium all the way through and it got tiring of the same old song and dance each episode of looking into a murder.