What TV shows are youwatching?

How is the new Batman movie? I see they have it on HBO now but tried watching it thrice now, I fall asleep within 15-min lol :sleeping: :sleeping:

1 Like

I haven’t watched Batman yet. I see the ad but somehow haven’t ventured toward it.

Watching Seasons 2 and 3 of Capitain Marleau, french police show. She’s a hoot!

1 Like

imho it is kinda disappointing

1 Like

That’s the impression I got after 3 unsuccessful attempts at watching it haha

1 Like

This sounds fun! Unfortunately none of my streaming services seem to have this one (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO, Viki)

1 Like

I went to the cinema for doctor strange in the multiverse of madness and frankly was kinda disappointed.

Honestly I think the ideas were great and there, but somehow it didn’t feel implemented right. It could’ve been much more awesome.

There were cool scenes no doubt but overall kind of trodding along. It wasn’t quite what I hoped for. Then again I didn’t know what to hope for.

The first movie from 2016 felt fresher in a way, more unpredictable and exciting, funnier too.

I’d still recommend to watch it, there were cool scenes like projecting consciousness into another universe, I think I know some people here who could do that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, I was really wanting to watch it. And someone said, the movie is not even about Dr Strange!

1 Like

Well it is … Until it’s not haha

I dunno, somehow the plot was just a bit too “convenient” at times, not really creative. I would’ve liked to have seen more unpredictabilities.

But i don’t wanna discourage anyone, it’s still watchable. And it’s pretty creepy for a marvel movie, i was positively surprised

1 Like

MHz
A-Z
It helps with my French, lol

1 Like

I started watching:

The Wheel of Time

1 Like

I remember watching a couple of episodes. Remember it being pretty violent, though, and I steer away from that. It was interesting, so I might go watch another to see how it goes. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Yes it is, sure not a show for kids, but I enjoy fantasy adventure.

Anyone watching Better Call Saul season 6 ?
I can’t take the wait in-between episodes

1 Like

His money is suspect, his love is impossible, and he doesn’t seem quite up to the job, but Bruce Wayne as portrayed by Robert Pattersondelivers, finally, a believable comic book hero.

I think the film is great. It’s not perfect Nolan, but it’s in own thing that is better is some ways. By borrowing the “lived in” look and feel of the great NYC 70s films —Mean Streets, French Connection, Taxi Driver, Report to the Commission—The Batman creates a very “realistic” version of the hero, much like The Joker did for the villain using that same 70sverse feel. The slow pacing of the first third or so of the film sells the plausibility of the comic book universe, but it does so by destroying the comic book movie timing and editing. The viewer is in a dopamine desert of the pre-Star Wars era.

It hurts the brain, this desert, but it’s worth it. The film uses this hard won reality to ground a story of a doomed romance and the hero’s sacrifice. Most versions of Batman have him liking Catwoman against his better judgment. This one has him leaving her for a seemingly futile task of making a difference in "mean streets"of Gotham. This elevates Bruce Wayne to Rick from Casablanca but without the easy ending; it’s not so much good versus evil as much as the human will against entropy.

And lastly the film manages a credible disaster film in the third act. Normally, these are laughable affairs, but shock of the disaster is that it took place in a film that doesn’t feel like a disaster movie. While I knew Batman couldn’t die as an intellectual matter, if felt like he could. There was palpable jeopardy that this film could have a Serpico like ending. But no, the 70s spell breaks and we have a satisfying, life-affirming ending, maybe the best in the comic book genre because the hero was in over his head. He didn’t have such wonderful toys, just flesh, blood and will that was barely enough.

Full Disclosure. I like Batman too much and I find 70s cinema exhausting but worth the cost

Suggested Readings: The Long Halloween and Gotham Central.

2 Likes

I’m watching it. The waiting time feels too long

1 Like

Watched Dune 2021.
Brilliant, brilliant movie

1 Like

I ended up watching KGF Chapter 2 a grand total of 5 times in the theatres. For an OTT user like me, only a spectacular movie like this could drag me to the theatres

KGF chapter 1 is on Amazon Prime if anyone wants to give it a try. It’s almost a Hollywood level movie but from India :grin:

New On HBO Max: The Time Traveler’s Wife

I read the book years ago. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Where is my buddy @anon37166570? Saying hello :smiley:

2 Likes