What's your number ? (talking money over here)

I have been wondering for a while about my fellow Sapien buddies’ financial objectives.
I assume that most people aim at a clearly defined amount of money that they deem enough to retire. If you don’t have a clear number you can share your vision or goals.

If you already achieved it, let us know below
I’m curious.

19 Likes

I actually just started putting on paper what my financial goals are. I made a list of things a few hours ago, but I haven’t set a timeline yet.

I haven’t done anything with pension fund, and I am wondering if life will ever get bored when I no longer make money.

Would love to hear other’s stories as well

10 Likes

Nice !

Why didn’t you set a timeline ?

You can still do whatever you want, you can keep working if that’s what you want.
I think it’s because most people identify with their job and never built an intimate connections to themselves. No having to work free up time for better projects, meditation, work outs, art, family time, hobbies and general hedonism.

The universe is so wide, the astral realms too. You could learn and explore forever and still you would only cover a tiny fraction of it.
Also, the idea might feel lonely but it’s a matter of filling that time with people and activities.

10 Likes

I have weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annually goals.

How it looks

Wha do i need

What i have to improve

An under goal max number too

What i will do with the extra after expenses

Lol

My main goal the rest of the year is start investing in real state and stock market even if small but whatever extra is going towards that unless of course Mr Capital Governance/ Dream of Purity land me different options.

Thats it. But like a big number per se no, i remember a few years ago (like 3 or so) i was doing the math on how id need per month or year and in total to retire counting 50 years lol like to pay expenses then whatever extra to invest in things that would give me extra incomes.

10 Likes

The hustler is talking

Do you have a strategy yet ?

It’s great that you’re diving into it :muscle:

5 Likes

More or less im just getting into it :partying_face:

5 Likes

What’s your number Philip? :D

I don’t have one.
Also I don’t see myself not working at all.
Sure maybe I would do my own thing and certainly not full time, probably related something around services or wellbeing.
Depending on where this “early retirement” would be or wherever life would take me.

9 Likes

You like being productive
It’s nice

Everyone has it’s own touch, different angles :+1:

You want to guess ?
Haha, I just want to be safe and be able to afford a little champagne at the end of the week without worrying about crashes or natural catastrophe.

9 Likes

Any advice for me?

Am still in my teenage years

8 Likes

Because I just wrote down what I want today :laughing:. I have an idea already which ones are short-term, medium-term and long-term goals. It feels really weird to see my goals and my financial standing on paper. It’s just way too real :rofl:. I used to feel scared about anything related to finance. Not sure why, but neither my friends nor my family like to talk about it. It’s as if it is a taboo subject to discuss. I am glad I finally have the courage to get real lol.

Also, for some of them, I haven’t calculated the number yet. Like for example, I want a house with a swimming pool, but I don’t know yet how much I need for that. Hopefully I can finish working on this by next week.

I am happy that my brokerage account was approved yesterday. I was offered a good deal for this one. This firm offers the lowest fee compare to others, but their deposit is the highest. Lucky me, the sales person only asked for 1/100 of the normal deposit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

I am just so used to being busy I guess. I started my career when I was 11 or 12. So the idea of not doing anything feels alien to me. But maybe being busy is just my way of running away from other things lol.

:nerd_face: I have seen this topic being discussed many times in the forum, but I am still clueless

6 Likes

Im tagging @Josh

So we all can learn :stuck_out_tongue::sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s funny… Sometimes when the euro millions jackpot would get so high, my dad and i would play a few fields. Then we talked about what we’d do… We’re both almost clueless it’s ridiculous. Of course investing is great, diversifying, then buying stuff for my family, friends and myself. I would generously give. But still …

There would be so much money left!

So that made me think that everyone probably has an upper limit too. Because you wouldn’t go around buying houses or cars left and right for no apparent reason.

So i would like to have loads of money but not ridiculously high. I’d still want high, because… Well because my family hasn’t been able to yet, and it would make me proud.

To answer the question… I’d need / want millions, ideally not at once, but built up steadily.

It’s a good question, it’s a good thread

5 Likes

Hey, but you love your work :+1:

2 Likes

My advice?

Just like Angelblessings approach.

Save and save and save, even if you dont know what exactly you are saving for you keep saving.

And then also learn two ways:

About things that you like to do, things that call your attention, things that give you butterflies and make your inner child happy, even if you think you would never make a living out of it… still learn about those things you like.

And two learn different skills as many as you can whether you like them or not, just keep learning all you can, different languages, manual stuff, numbers stuff, etc etc

Your profession will eventually choose you we dont choose it, and by that i mean what youll eventually find out you are really good at, sometimes that profession falls in the same category as what we also are passionate about but if not then remember you still learned how to enjoy what you like, while something you are good at would bring the money, and in the mean time no matter where in life and in the world you might find yourself with little or a lot with or without a job, the skills you’ve learned throughout the years would save you to keep you afloat until things move again up and forward.

And eventually one day with more experience you’ll know where invest or how to plan your retiring phase or how would you like to live or build a family etc

:blush:

7 Likes

I think it’s kinda weird that people either don’t want to stop working or they only mention a maximum amount of money.

Like I wouldn’t have invented the concept of « too much money » in a million years

5 Likes

Don’t save money, the feds and central banks are printing it everyday. Money is becoming worthless by the day and it’s not even safe. It’s dead weight, banks don’t even want to hold people’s money anymore. We have a saving glut, it’s a problem for the economy.

Learn about money and business than chose a type of business and go for it. Pretty straight forward but it takes time.

Also, more knowledge leads to more creativity. Invest in knowledges.

When you have a proof of concept, get the funding, scale it, divest or step out.

Or go slower and invest progressively your income.

15 Likes

:eyes::angry::rofl:

Itll take a loooong time before money becomes obsolete

2 Likes

This!!

2 Likes

Whoosh

How do you feel right now ? :joy:

2 Likes

Haha, I didn’t say money will be obsolete, just that it’s an obsolete way of thinking. The interest rates are low, meaning money is cheap.

What he should be doing is focusing on solving a problem/delivering value and get some funding.

Between taxes and inflation, I’m waiting to see what kind of return people pull out of good old hustling.

If you’re young make a startup and go public and sell off. That’s how he can get set up in his twenties.
Even without going public

Also, it’s nice to know more but there are diminishing returns.
Focus on financial and technical skills in the beginning.

9 Likes