Why does Evil and Suffering Exist? When did those appear? Can We/All That it is Get Rid of these?

What Answer or Answers do you guys have?

Will there Be a Glorious Day or Age when Evil will perish?

And I mean here, in this world, in this Universe.

3 Likes

If you found a way please call me!
Weā€™re living in a world full of criminals. I would have thought that I could protect myself with the help of fields and my Servitors. But few days ago when a man pushed my head forward plenty of times harshly with the tip of his finger, I understood this world is very dirty and thereā€™s no way that we see peace in our lives.

2 Likes

The problem would be how to find a universal definition of evil? my definition of evil could be completely different than yours depending on where you came from and your environment. for Example there are people out there who are cannibals , to you and I that is evil and unacceptable to them itā€™s the norm and there is nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

What we call ā€œgoodā€ or ā€œevilā€ is a peopleā€™s perspective on different events or situations, and it is quite a dualistic view.
What people call ā€˜evilā€™ does not come from nowhere, it is often caused by a personā€™s whole background (bad parenting, abuse, and other endless factors). Because of this, the personā€™s consciousness is harmed (subconciouss probably too) and seeks answers/truth/happiness or even simpler things like money/attention etc. just like everyone else in this world in ways that are ā€œwrongā€ or ā€œevilā€ from our perspective.

In the book "The Lucifer Effect "(I didnā€™t get to the end, itā€™s quite long ;c) it is also well explained why even ordinary people behave in such a drastically changed way when they take on different social roles. - I recommend reading this book or watching the film about this.(Stanford experiment)

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that that happened to youā€¦
The world or more importantly people can be cruelā€¦ :worried:
Try to find ways to avoid such scenarios.
I Wish You Blessed and Safe Holidays! :pray:

Some norms are Evil, they have no place in our world.

Evilā€¦ Is doing unnecessary harm to other beings or to yourselfā€¦
But, INDEED, ā€œsocietal normsā€ play a role in our morality, a Huge Roleā€¦
But Norms can be changed, For Good.

Edit:

I think Iā€™ll watch the documentary.
Thank you.

Regarding those Questions, for me, Good means many things, Every thought, word, deed Which Helps You And/Or Other(s) (including Animals, Nature, Environment) and which does not imply suffering (or if itā€™s necessary, then only minimal, only whatā€™s absolutely Necessary/Needed), I consider It to Be GOOD.

I do not believe in (the) end(ing) justify the means, Unless itā€™s the only solution to a problem.

But of course, this only applies to certain things/subjects, like Morality, otherwise, No Pain No Gain (Fields and other stuff can be The Exception).

Hmm, but what if we can go beyond ā€œNo Pain, No Gainā€ on a Larger Scale (with more people using fields, plus with the help of technology and a Change in Collective Consciousness And Morality)?

What If ā€œNo Pain, BUT YOU (STILL) GAINā€ becomes The Norm?

I view Suffering as something necessary, in some aspects, for now, but maybe it CAN Be Eradicated, Somehow.

Of Course, Perhaps, It Would Require a Change in Mass Consciousness Firstā€¦
And Thatā€™s a Tougher Part.

But IF We could Lead By EXAMPLE, Perhaps the Fire/Light will Spread?

I read a Great Quote Somewhere, recently, That YOU ONLY NEED ONE CANDLE/MATCH TO LIGHT MANY OTHERSā€¦

My Conclusion, Each Good Person is The Best Thing That can happen to Humanity, because each good person and each good deed, carries the seeds for (Humanityā€™s) Greatnessā€¦

1. watch tokyo ghoul season 1
  2. re-read the questions
  3. answer the questions
4 Likes

When i say so.

3 Likes

Evil exists because imperfection exists, and it persists because both complacency and egotism also exists.

In religions of India most people know of the term Dharma, but there is also a term Adharma. This shows up in the Chinese Buddhist concept of Fa (The Law) and the decline of the Law. It shows up in the Abrahamic religions as The Law also. And it shows up in Taoist religions as the Tao and the ā€œLoss of Taoā€.

In a non-dual view, everything can be seen as part of the Great Tao or Great Law or Great Dharma. That being said, the ā€œGreatā€ Tao/Law/Dharma is impersonal. It is great because it keeps on keeping on even if it has to destroy millions of beings in order to ensure that overall harmony prevails.

But, that points brings us to the heart of morality. It is, ultimately, Harmony. The ability to have a more perfected manifestation of Dao/Law/Dharma on all levels of reality. It is physical as well as metaphysical, and though it can have a definite form, itā€™s terms are all-encompassing and thus capable of a plurality of expressions.

But, if you examine the true elements of religions all over the world, there tends to be a pretty unanimous intuitive understanding of what Good is as well as what Evil is.

ā€”To answer the question, though:ā€”
I donā€™t knowā€¦ itā€™d be pretty cool if there were a ā€œglorious ageā€ when evil will perish. Unfortunately, I think the best we can probably hope for is a world-situation where things are less bad lol.

5 Likes

Imagine all the disclaimers here.

If there is a first cause then time did not exist before it. And therefore time is an illusion. Itā€™s a created thing. Now, that thing, with itā€™s ability to exist on its on and not as a derivative of another source is good in a specific way that nothing else can be.

All other things depend on that thing for their existence. To sustain existence. To not entropy out of form.

And by creating time and space and generally derivative existence, it made proximity to it something that could be increased or decreased. Not always in time or space exactly. But in negentropy if you will. I know that word makes sense here. Order. ā€œGoodnessā€, sustained form function and existence.

Everyone is always attempting to do what they think is best for them. Even if thatā€™s self sacrifice, self destruction, or anything else. And it could be true altruism or even love but itā€™s still ā€œgoodā€ in their sight. Or self destruction, ā€œgoodā€ to them (in their perception at the time), better than the alternative.

But when would all these various moral agents choose correctly and not misguidedly? They would have to have some sense for it. We see light and hear sound. Optical illusions exist and even auditory illusions exist. Moral illusions abound. Illusions of good and evil.

Do some have a better sense of it than others? If so, why? How did they get that way? Did we once upon a time have a much better sense of it? Did we lose it? How? Would the first cause itself have any interest in fixing our sense of good and evil again, or imbuing us with it well in the first place?

6 Likes

The answer I read that makes most sense is that evil exists to define what good is. If everything was good, would we know it is good? And if sonething was less good wouldnā€™t that become ā€œevilā€?

2 Likes

Excuse me. Why?

My answer is no.
No golden age for everyone.
Only personal growth.

But there are those big cycles and ages so who knows?

1 Like

there is a legend that says that only when suffering and dying a person allocates a certain property of energy (association with honey, gold, electricity), which feeds the supreme being. As long as this being does not stop trying with this energy, evil is ineradicable.

1 Like

It exists to a certain point so that you can understand what good and pleasure/happiness is.

I donā€™t believe you could ever eradicate evil or bad because without it there is no such thing as good. The solution is to minimise evil as much as possible.

Look I know the world right now isnā€™t a perfect place but itā€™s still 100x a lot better than it use to be in the past. You honestly can not imagine the amount of inhumanity that took place on this planet throughout history.

2 Likes

I would guess so.

1 Like
1 Like

Evil has no reasonā€¦

1 Like

Actually, what we call ā€œevilā€, I think there are many kinds of it, some evil is done for a purpose, but itā€™s still evil, while psychopathic murderers might have or might not have purposes - they bring a different kind of evil; I think that hurting others (and probably even oneself), willingly, is evil, practically destruction or damage, hurt done, which is unecessary, that is my view at leastā€¦

ā€œStruggle is a Natureā€™s way of strengthening.ā€

Or we may also say, evolving, growing.

Something more:

The Moth - YouTube

1 Like

Yes, maybe ā€œevilā€ people are ā€œagents of the systemā€ (of life/nature/etc.), to test and strengthen the system, like testing and evaluating itself, to know more, to evolve moreā€¦ (?)
(Maybe?)