After 20 years i came to know i have trychodynia

Hi, i have tried hair fields from sapien medicine and many other channels even their paid versions but i have not seen any result. Today i just came to know that there is a name for my condition called trychodynia / scalp burning syndrome or whatever. may be the fields do not address this and may be thats why they are not working. my scalp does not tolerate even the gentle pressure that i give while washing my hair. it sheds like crazy. when i sleep because my head rests on the bed, because of the little pressure that is created on the head due to the bed i have less hair in that area.

Sapien do you have a field that can help with this.

Hi “swap” for short :slight_smile:

I researched a little bit about your condition to understand better before suggesting anything.

And this is what i found (maybe you know all the possibilities maybe you dont, but also others can read and suggest more things)

"Trichodynia is defined as a painful sensation in the skin of the scalp or the hair itself and becomes more intense when hairs are touched. Before making a diagnosis of “trichodynia,” the physician must be sure that there is no cutaneous disease. If the patient reports headache or temporal pain by palpation, tension headaches or temporal arteritis should be evaluated first. The term “trichodynia” (cutaneous dysesthesia syndrome) has also been proposed for discomfort, pain, burning, or stinging of the scalp related to diffuse alopecia

The underlying mechanisms creating the pain are not clear, though it has been proposed that it is probably multi-etiological. The most accepted hypotheses are increased expression of the neuropeptide substance P (SP), underlying psychiatric disorders, nutritional deficiencies, and perifollicular inflammation. Substance P is involved in pain perception by the nerve endings, and changes in the production and activity of substance P around the hair follicles may be responsible for the pain and burning sensation.

Hair follicles are innervated by unmyelinated neural plexuses located around the hair follicle stem cells. These nerve fibers contain neuropeptides including substance P (SP) and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP). These neuropeptides play an important role in the regulation of hair growth and are associated with the neurogenic inflammatory response. Perifollicular SP is also involved in the regulation of hair growth

An imbalance in the tonic release of neuropeptides may result in inhibition of hair growth. hypothesized that chronic activation of the c-fibers, in addition to mediating inflammatory pain and follicular injury, might reduce SP and CGRP concentrations resulting in altered peribulbar antigen presentation and inhibition of further hair growth"

Another explanation is an underlying mental condition as Anxiety and Depression. (Not confirmed, studies vary)

And last possible explanation is Neuropathic pain can also be associated with nutritional deficiencies (Fe, B12, ferritin, zinc, vitamin D, vitamin E). Nutritional factors affect the hair directly, and dietary supplements containing B complex vitamins can influence hair growth.
(Extracted from www.intechopen.com)

So lets see, ill give you the start point, then you can read the description of the fields and the comments in their thread.

New Audio Release: Smart Stem Cells

https://www.patreon.com/posts/stem-cells-to-23449997

The Amniotic membrane Healing Pod

Tonic No. 31 (Sapien Proprietary Blend) - New Release

Nerve Damage Help: New Release

That i can think of, it something else ill post after and some other members can help as well

And check into better the intake of the vitamins and minerals mentioned above as well

Also you can click on the magnifying glass and type “hair” and youll see many other posts from members asking for advice etc with different hair issues, so maybe you can find answers in them as well

4 Likes