Beginner's Journey through the Corpus Spiritus Tarot

what does that look like? I do the overhand shuffle that most tarot readers do but the card edges get damaged. guess it’s inevitable

Ello Rose!

Yes. Start of something. A reset in a way. Reminder you aren’t your ego or whatever pstterns you get stuck on.

Negativity is inevitable because when open to new possibilities, many such possibilities are blocked by our limiting beliefs/insecurities/patterns and so on. So our openness bumps into that which makes u not open. Us choosing these negative things is innately choosing to free ourselves of this blockage.

Not sure what you mean by ‘not just pretending things are okay’.

You can get a lot more out of life by loving it… unconditionally. The hard part with loving life is also learning to love the negative things. So as long as there are things that trigger you. So as long as there are things about you or life in general that you don’t accept… those things will find their way to you. They are a part of your flow and will continually manifest into the newness of your life.

Loving it is embracing wharever comes to you. Accept that it’s happening rather than rejecting. Even the negative emotions that come up. Accepting those feelings and know its a necessary part of the experience… kinda like the thrill/fear of a roller coaster.

That thrill/fear is different because the experience is short and a part of you knows you’re safe. We don’t get that luxury for most negative experiences. But I do think being open to such experiences and embracing them allows us to be more present in such moments… open enough to not be overtaken with the emotions and instead create new patterns. Open up new possibilities with this new open perception.

We get stuck in old patterns because those old patterns reflect our old way of thinking/reacting to things. When you are truly open, you can think in entirely new ways.

6 Likes

When you do the overhand shuffle with a tight grip, you can be sort of forcing the "upper cards to rub and force their ways in between the “lower” cards, which will cause the wear and the peeling you’re describing.

When you relax your grip (with both hands), you can allow more space between the cards for the cards to pass by, without the wear that you’re describing. Just be aware that, with a brand new deck, at first, you’re going to shuffle in clumps, but over time, the initial tendency for your cards to clump together will diminish and you’ll get a more even shuffle. This means you could be shuffling longer when you’re first using your cards to get a more random shuffle.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

That’s fine, too.

1 Like

How many tarot do you pull?
Is there a max limit?

1 Like

Depends on the question and the spread used.

Absent a specific spread, you could start out by asking a question then pulling a card. If after contemplating the card you have another related question or need clarification, you pull another. And on it goes.

1 Like

There are so many different answers to this question that you could set your own definitions and you’d be doing something “valid.”

There are many, many Tarot sites on the Internet which will give you ideas of how they use the cards that they pull. Check them out and see what resonates with you.

78 cards (unless you have more than 1 deck).

@SammyG or anyone else :)

Quick question… Is it better to remove all dog tags and NFTs images you might have on you while you meditate on the tarot card that you pulled?

EDIT -
At this time, I’m only pulling one card from the deck and hold them upright.

Also, do I pull a card daily to see the day’s event or pulling one card is good for 1 month out
/ future events? Not sure if I’m explaining it correctly. :confused:

I don’t know that your tags or NFTs would be that big of a deal. There might be some NFTs and tags (SLR just popped into my mind) which might positively skew your interaction with your cards, but only a little influence. I guess a precise answer would really depend on which tags and NFTs you’re talking about.

That’s a good way to start. Good for you.

Keep in mind that the cards (both this deck and other decks) have different meanings for an upright card versus a reversed card. But you gotta start somewhere, amIright? When you get familiar and comfortable with the upright meanings (or just “feelings”) then you can start to get to know the reversed cards as well to broaden the guidance your cards can give to you.

You’re explaining it correctly. Short answer: I wouldn’t do one card for 1 month. Although the cards are rich in meaning, so much happens in 1 month (particularly in our fast-paced, complicated worlds) that it’s hard to correlate which part of your life’s events over all that time was the card talking about, you see? (In fact, it can be hard to do that, even for 1 day, as I mentioned above.)

Let me step back a bit here, because I think this is the perfect place to inser this.

I find it’s helpful for you to get yourself into a little ritual with your pull. It sort of trains your mind into an attitude that you intend to use different aspects of your brain than you normally use in the rest of your day. So, some readers have a “cloth” that they spread out and do their readings on or they otherwise prepare their “space.” That habit of preparation trains your brain in this way. Others meditate beforehand. Still others have little procedures (like shuffling and cutting their decks in specific ways or drawing the cards with their non-dominant hand). The specifics of these really don’t matter so you can create whatever little habits you would like for you.

Once you’ve created your habits, do them consistently so that you get that benefit of shifting to those other parts of your brain. As you do your habits (whatever you decide), it’s a super good idea to set an intention for your session. I think this is key (and often overlooked). It doesn’t have to be fancy. When I was first taught–as a young child when the cards where chiseled into stone :wink:–I was taught to set an elaborate intention of insight and protection. I jdon’t think that’s necessary. What are you wanting from the cards in that session, in general terms (before you get to your questions) and from yourself? That’s enough.

Back to your question, because it’s important. In another field of my life, we have a saying, “The quality of the answers depends on the quality of the questions you ask.” This is especially true with the Tarot and this is where I’ve watched so many readers go off into the weeds with their readings.

Even if you do a 1 card-for-1 day pull, I think it’s helpful for you to set a frame around that reading. This is part of what I was talking about above about "context.’ Now, I’m not asking you to limit yourself here but it helps you and your cards focus a little.

So, given where I hear you are in your learning, I might suggest you play a little game with your cards. Have them teach you the meaning of your cards. Let me explain because it’s really easy.

I would “ask” your cards (as you’re shuffling them–focus as best you can on your question as you shuffle your cards) something like, “What card am I today in the perfect position to learn about?”

Then I would pull my card (however you do that), learn its various meanings and see how those meanings play out for me in my day. I might even take a picture of my card and set my phone alarm at different intervals during the day to re-examine my card and to consider how I’m feeling–say–The Devil, being The Devil, engaging in the activities of The Devil, or who else around me is being The Devil.

With this game, you’ll still have your predictions but you’ll also be learning your cards as well.

Have fun!

4 Likes

Wow, @WellBeing !! Thank you so much for your very well-written and detailed explanation. :sparkling_heart: Have some additional q’s below. :grin:

I ended up putting away all tags and NFTs when I did the pull just to be sure. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ok, that seems more advanced but good to know.

True. That’s fair.

Yikes… I didn’t do that. So, basically, as I shuffled the cards, I asked a question. Then I just spread them on my carpet and picked one. I’ll clear the space and bring more intention with it moving forward.

In this one instance, I asked 'will so and so (my ask) happen soon? I picked the Nine Of Cups. I read up on the card and it shows that i will have positive results and success. Now, is that prediction just for today or does it that apply until my so-called ask comes true?

I love this idea! I struggle with the way to pose the questions so this is a great start.

Cool. So, a question for you: What, if any, difference did you notice with and without your tag/NFT friends?

(That, too, might be fun game for you to play as part of your learning experience. :wink: )

Fair enough. And you gotta learn to walk before you can learn to run, so it’s all good. Just leave the door open for the possibility that–just like when you were learning to walk–the whole process doesn’t have to take very long at all. :wink:

No “yikes.” Really, no “yikes.” There’s no Tarot Police.

It’s a helpful tool which will continue to pay you dividends down the road. So, you might as well think about how you can get started on the right foot, to reap those rewards that are waiting for you.

(Funnily enough, because I’m more in-place than at other times in my life, I’ve only now started “preparing my space” [I have my other habits] which always seemed like a pain for me to do because I was always traveling around. Think about what’s going to work for you and how you’re going to use your cards.)

But, definitely, more intention, yes!

Which brings us to your next question:

This is great! You’re learning the power of your intention and how to “properly” (too strong a word) frame a question. I can’t answer the question you’re asking me because you didn’t (and this isn’t a criticism) frame your intention as clearly as you could have. When that happens (as you’re giving all of us an opportunity to learn) our readings leave us with more questions than they answer for us.

So, WB, what can I do about this in the future?"
Great question. Here are some different approaches:

First, for these kinds of pulls (especially as you’re getting up to speed with your cards), just intend that this reading is good for “today.” Of course, as you’re moving beyond this introduction phase and you’re wanting insights about real questions of your life, a limiting intention of–say–“today” might not always be wise or appropriate. (We’ll get to that in a bit.)

Another thing you can do is ask a better question. I don’t mean that as a diss. But think about it: what does “soon” really mean? Are we talking by lunchtime? Before Easter? By the end of the month?

And notice how “soon” varies from topic to topic and situation to situation, right? And if you have some ideas about “soon,” I bet there’s still quite a bit of leeway there, isn’t there?

And then even when you know clearly what “soon” is to you, I or the cards might have a very different definition of what “soon” is. (Especially your cards, which we could argue help you tap into the perspective of your Higher Self who is an eternal being, with a very different understanding of what “soon” is, are you seeing how wacky that one word gets us? :laughing: )

And a lot of the time, in the grand scheme of things, we don’t really want “soon.” We might want “easily” or “in the best way” or “the funnest way” much more than we want “soon.”

So, I’d leave the timing thing on the back-burner. Timing is a whole art (with a lot of potentially confusing techniques) that’s just better left until you’re further along with your studies.

Another way I (if I were in your position) would make your question “better” would be to make sure that I retain as much empowerment and/or agency as possible in my question.

What do you mean by that, WB?
Great question.

Take a look at your question (“will so and so (my ask) happen soon?”). (And again, I’m not picking on you. I promise.) Where’s the empowerment in that question? Is it with you? Are you the one making it happen? Or is someone (or something) else making it happen? And sometimes, when we’re asking this sort of question, we’re sort of giving away that much more of our agency to the cards. And pro tip :wink: : We give our agency away when we ask Yes/No questions. That’s a sure warning sign right there. (Can the Tarot answer those questions? Of course. But this is forum for self-actualization products, so let’s not “stumble” into that trap. :slightly_smiling_face: )

Please remember these are your cards and this is your life. YOU are the possessor of both. YOU are in the driver’s seat with both. Be the Kings (you’ll come to understand what I mean there) when it comes to using your cards. They are your tools.

So, on this count, what would make this question “better”?

• Change it from a Yes/No question to a question that gives you more information so that you can continue to make choices which work best for you.
  • What do I need to know to create/allow a pleasing solution to this situation? (“Pleasing” might be a vague word like “soon” but I don’t know anything about this situation so let’s just work with that.) Notice how this question put you back in the driver’s seat (even if the answer is for you “to wait”).
  • How can I retain my empowerment as I navigate this situation? To my mind, this “works” even if the answer is for you “to wait.”

(Oh, wow, that turned into way more of a lecture than I had wanted. Sorry.)

3 Likes

Hi @SammyG! Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

I love this - The Fool represents a reset and reminder.

Us choosing these negative things is innately choosing to free ourselves of this blockage.

Wow! i want to remind myself of this daily. There’s a difference between saying Oh yeah, I know that, and actually acknowledging it and holding it in consciousness.

You can get a lot more out of life by loving it… unconditionally.

The hard part with loving life is also learning to love the negative things.

I had an experience on the forum that could be called negative (but I know that’s just a label). Your reminder will help me to realize that it is fodder for alchemical transmutation. Violet flame for clearing, love for awareness that nothing is negative, just an opportunity to see that all is the same = beingness.

The whole subject of love is really important for me (everyone too I’m guessing), as that’s the lesson I’m working on. I’ve got a notepad file that I put stuff written about the tarot deck/NFTs, and your post is def going into it!

When you are truly open, you can think in entirely new ways.

:sparkling_heart: :partying_face: :partying_face: :hugs:

:rose:

3 Likes

My first Tarot card i pulled:

11 Likes

A truly beautiful card! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Final thoughts on the Fool for this round.

I am going to use my psychic writing to tap into anything else this card might have to say to me today.

Spirit is the first thing that comes up. Rejoice in the spirit of things! Open to possibilities, which means letting go of preconceived notions based on the yesterday that never was. Look at those fluffy clouds! They look like marshmallow mountains to be climbed for the sheer joy of it. On my shoulder is a magic wand - I am in control of manifestation of whatever I need for the journey. Because all is already present, all is already present! The emotions below me are just that - below me and far away, moving energy that can fuel my day but not rule my day! Yes, I laugh toward the sky because I am whole and complete and perfect just as I am. No overlays, no labels, no boxes, just open air and freedom. Do I have a goal? Do I need a goal when in this state? I am up for adventure and open to wherever the journey takes me. I laugh out loud and only my little companion hears me. It rejoices with me in the bliss of excitement that this day brings. Do I have limits? No. Do I have baggage? No. My burden is LIGHT.

Woot, woot, @SammyG - are we ready for The Magician?

9 Likes

For this week, let us meditate on The Magician card from their Corpus Spiritus deck. Write whatever thoughts, ideas, insights come up. Try to guage the meaning behind the card just from the picture alone as well.

Then tomorrow after the original meaning is posted, everyone post your initial thoughts/feelings! It’ll be interesting to see how our feelings/thoughts allign. What it all means. And how we can connect even further!

11 Likes

What is on that beautiful parchment that he is holding so lovingly? The keys to universal fulfillment? And his beautiful face! The laboratory of destiny. He’s a magician, he’s the alchemist. Right there where he is is the place where our dross is purified and changed into the wine of cosmic consciousness. Oh how I love his face!

To me his face represents the peace of the finding, the found, the openness of seeking all in one. Magic!

4 Likes

You didn’t change the name of the card to Magician from The Fool

I love this card, and his face too pulls me like nothing else
To me, he personifies ancient wisdom from all the different cultures in the world. He’s Magic! He’s Hope!

1 Like

Fixed. Thanks!

2 Likes