Blueprint of Sleeping (Private)

Hello people,

I present to you project oriented for sleep health and well-being - Blueprint of Sleeping.

Sleep is like hitting the reset button for your body and mind. It’s the time when you’re not awake, and your body gets to repair itself, sort out memories, and basically recharge for another day. You need it for your brain to work well, to stay in a good mood, and to keep your body healthy. If you don’t get enough good sleep, you’ll probably feel tired, cranky, and you might even get sick more easily. So, sleep is pretty much a big deal for staying healthy and happy.

In other words, it’s a critical function essential for a number of biological processes, including:

1. Cognitive Function: Sleep improves learning, memory, and overall cognitive performance. During sleep, the brain consolidates memories and clears out waste products.
2. Physical Health: Sleep contributes to bodily repair and growth. Hormones like growth hormone are released during deep stages of sleep, which are critical for physical health.
3. Emotional Well-Being: Lack of sleep can result in mood swings and stress, while adequate sleep can enhance mood and help manage stress more effectively.
4. Immune Function: During sleep, the body produces more cytokines, which are proteins that fight infection and inflammation.
5. Longevity: Studies have shown that adequate, quality sleep is correlated with longer life expectancy.

With this project, we aimed to improve sleep on mental, neurological, biological and even energetical level.

Having problems with falling asleep? Not anymore.

Problems with shallow and not rly quality sleep? Not anymore.

The skeleton of the project

1. Optimized sleep patterns

A balanced personalized sleep plan. Balance between phases, their optimizations, etc.

Info about Sleep Architecture
  1. NREM Stage 1:
  • Duration: 1-5 minutes
  • Characteristics: Muscle relaxation, slower eye movements.
  • Brain Activity: Theta waves start appearing.
  • Significance: Acts as a transition from wakefulness to sleep.
  1. NREM Stage 2:
  • Duration: 10-60 minutes
  • Characteristics: Further relaxation, decreased body temperature, and heart rate.
  • Brain Activity: Sleep spindles and K-complexes appear.
  • Significance: Sleep spindles may play a role in memory consolidation. K-complexes are thought to serve protective roles, defending sleep from interruption.
  1. NREM Stage 3 (Slow-Wave Sleep):
  • Duration: 20-40 minutes
  • Characteristics: Deep, restorative sleep.
  • Brain Activity: Delta waves dominate.
  • Significance: Most physically restorative stage; important for immune function, tissue repair, and growth due to the secretion of growth hormone.
  1. REM Sleep:
  • Duration: 10-60 minutes
  • Characteristics: Rapid eye movement, atonia (muscle paralysis).
  • Brain Activity: Almost as active as wakefulness.
  • Significance: Associated with emotional regulation, memory consolidation, and dreaming.

Sleep Cycles

A typical adult sleep cycle lasts about 90 minutes and consists of progressing through NREM Stage 1 to REM. This cycle repeats 4-6 times per night.

1. Early Night: More NREM Stage 3 (slow-wave sleep) and less REM.
  2. Late Night/Early Morning: More REM and less slow-wave sleep.

Significance of Sleep Cycles

1. Restorative Functions: The early cycles with more deep sleep are crucial for physical restoration. The body releases growth hormone during this stage, which helps repair tissues and build bone and muscle.
  2. Memory and Learning: REM sleep and sleep spindles in NREM Stage 2 are implicated in different aspects of memory consolidation. REM is more about emotional and procedural memory, whereas sleep spindles might be more related to factual memory.
  3. Emotional Regulation: REM sleep helps process emotional experiences, which can be critical for mental health.
  4. Optimization: Understanding these cycles allows you to wake up at the right stage of sleep, reducing grogginess and enhancing alertness. For example, waking up during a light sleep stage (NREM Stage 1 or 2) will usually make you feel more refreshed than waking up during a deep sleep stage (NREM Stage 3).

Understanding these detailed aspects of sleep stages and cycles offers critical insights into optimizing sleep quality.

Supported by:

Personalized Chronotype

With this, u can choose when do u want to have your regular ‘Time-to-sleep’ hour and adapt your system to it. This basically changes your chronotype without side effects.

Info about Sleep Chronotypes

Sleep chronotypes refer to individual differences in sleep-wake preferences that are influenced by genetics and biology. These chronotypes dictate whether you are naturally more alert and productive in the morning, afternoon, or evening. The main types are:

1. Morning Larks: These people wake up easily in the morning and are most productive in the early hours. They usually find it difficult to stay awake late at night.
  2. Night Owls: Opposite of morning larks, night owls find it hard to wake up early and are most active and alert in the evening.
  3. Intermediate Types: These individuals have flexibility in their sleep-wake patterns and can adapt more easily to different schedules.
  4. Irregular Types: People with this chronotype don’t have a consistent sleep-wake pattern and may experience variations in alertness and productivity throughout the day.

Enhanced Clearing, Removal of build-ups in Brain

Basically, throughout the day, the brain accumulates a lot of side products of metabolism, like beta-amyloid, tau proteins or even leftover neurotransmiters. During sleep, all of that is being cleared. This field enhances that processes.

More info

The brain has its own unique waste clearance system, known as the glymphatic system, which is most active during sleep. This system is critical for removing waste products that build up in the brain during periods of activity. Here’s how it works and why it’s important:

Glymphatic System

The glymphatic system is a network of channels where cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) flows. These channels are lined with glial cells, specifically astrocytes, which help facilitate the flow of fluid.

Mechanism of Action

1. Flow of CSF: During sleep, the glymphatic system facilitates the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) through brain tissues.
  2. Clearance of Waste: The CSF flushes through the brain, collecting waste products like beta-amyloid and tau proteins, which are associated with neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
  3. Transport to Bloodstream: The collected waste is then transported out of the brain and into the bloodstream.
  4. Elimination: Eventually, these waste products are filtered out by the liver and kidneys and excreted from the body.

Importance

1. Brain Health: Regular clearance of brain waste is crucial for maintaining brain function and preventing the build-up of harmful substances that can lead to neurodegenerative diseases.
  2. Cognitive Function: Efficient waste removal supports overall cognitive health, enhancing memory, learning, and other intellectual abilities.
  3. Mood Regulation: There is some evidence to suggest that efficient glymphatic activity may be linked to emotional well-being.
  4. Disease Prevention: Poor clearance is implicated in several neurological conditions, from Alzheimer’s to chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).

Some of the key substances it clears include:

1. Beta-Amyloid: A peptide that forms plaques and is associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
  2. Tau Proteins: These proteins can form tangles, another hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease and other tauopathies.
  3. Metabolites: By-products of cellular metabolic processes that can be toxic in high concentrations.
  4. Neurotransmitters: Chemical messengers like glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) are cleared to maintain synaptic health.
  5. Ions: Excess ions such as sodium and potassium, which could disrupt cellular function if they accumulate.
  6. Lipids: Various fats and fatty acids that need to be removed to maintain cellular integrity.
  7. Extracellular Fluid: The glymphatic system helps in maintaining the balance of the extracellular environment by regulating the volume and composition of the interstitial fluid surrounding the neurons.
  8. Inflammatory Mediators: Certain cytokines and other signaling molecules involved in inflammation are also cleared.
  9. Cellular Debris: Dead cells and fragments that result from normal cellular activity or injury are cleared away to prevent inflammation or other adverse effects.

The efficiency with which these substances are cleared is crucial for maintaining optimal brain function and minimizing the risk of neurodegenerative conditions.

Sleep yoga

Yogic practises that are beneficial for sleep in general, in lines of this project. Details were chosen by Dream.

2. Enhanced Sleep Regeneration

This field represents a general enhancement of regenerative processes of the body during sleep, repairing, renewing the body cells, parts, systems, as well as overall processing.

More

More info

In the realm of sleep, regeneration manifests most visibly at the cellular and tissue level, making it a prime time for physical rejuvenation. During deep sleep stages, particularly during slow-wave sleep, the body secretes a surge of growth hormones. These hormones serve as the key agents for tissue repair and regeneration. Whether it’s muscle tissue strained from physical exercise or cellular damage from daily wear and tear, these growth hormones initiate processes that mend and fortify the body’s structural integrity.

Additionally, sleep also plays a crucial role in immunological regeneration. While the brain rests, the immune system kicks into high gear. T-cells, which are a type of white blood cell crucial for immune responses, show increased activity. These cells identify and target viruses and bacteria, contributing to a more robust immune defense. This boost in immune function can be likened to updating your body’s defense software, allowing you to better fend off infections and diseases.

Moreover, sleep influences the endocrine system, regulating hormones that manage everything from stress to metabolism. In particular, hormones that control blood sugar levels and metabolic rates are adjusted during sleep, offering a sort of ‘system reset’ that can optimize physical health.

Thus, beyond its role in mental restoration, sleep serves as a pivotal period for the physiological resetting and regeneration that sustains overall bodily health.

Supported by:

Sleep compound - GABA and Valerenic Acid

GABA

Generally, GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) supplements are used to help reduce anxiety, improve mood, and promote relaxation and better sleep. They work by calming down the activity of nerve cells in the brain. People often take them to feel more relaxed and less stressed.

Valerenic Acid

Valerenic acid is an active compound isolated from the valerian root, renowned for its calming and sedative properties. This component contributes to the valerian root’s ability to modulate sleep quality and reduce symptoms of anxiety and stress.

Additional Info

It is believed to work by interfering with enzymes that degrade calming neurotransmitters, thus allowing these neurotransmitters to have a more extended and potent calming effect.

Its unique molecular structure allows it to bind to specific sites on receptors involved in the regulation of mood and stress response, exerting a soothing effect. It’s a popular choice for people looking to improve their sleep cycle without the use of pharmaceuticals.

Smart Emotional assistance

Sleep indeed acts as an “emotional therapist,” a time when our brain sorts through a complex web of emotional experiences, organizing and integrating them in a way that can make them easier to handle.

By enhancing this function, this promotes a better emotional and mental health.

Some more info

In REM sleep, the prefrontal cortex—the brain’s center for rational thought—becomes less active. This allows for the limbic system, a set of structures involved in emotion, behavior, and motivation, to become more active without the usual rational “filter.” This can result in dreams that are emotional in nature and often abstract or bizarre.

What’s fascinating is that the very act of going through these emotional scenarios during sleep can help to diffuse emotional charge and offer new perspectives, much like how talking through issues with a therapist might help. For example, REM sleep has been found to make people less reactive to emotional stimuli, suggesting that it plays a key role in emotional resilience. It aids in the reorganization and integration of emotional experiences into our social and emotional context, which can result in greater emotional balance and well-being.

So, in a sense, sleep serves as an internal therapist, helping to process and make sense of the emotional experiences and stressors we encounter in our waking lives. This nightly emotional “reset” can prepare us to face the new day with greater emotional stability and resilience.

Sleep Mastery

The user becomes overall wiser about sleep. Subconsciously and then consciously better understanding how sleep works, how to best handle it and be better in tune with your needs.

This downloads the biological, neurological, psychological knowledge bases to the user. Ever heard of Matthew Waler or Andrew Huberman? Imagine having that kind of understanding of sleep.

3. Sleep temple

It introduces beneficial energies to your room when you go sleep and during sleep, specifically for sleep.

Imagine it like Smart places portal combined with Feng Shui Master of the Shire field, but specifically tailored for sleep and relax purposes.

Supported by:

Release of emotions, stress and tensions

Before sleep, these are released so you can have a balanced calm sleep.

Smart deep sleeper

The Deep sleeper field included and integrated into this project.

Deep relaxation with BrainWaves

BrainWaves are a common tool used for alteration of the mental states. This field uses the elements of BrainWaves, in a smart way tailored to each user, to lead the user towards sleep.

Everything that will make our sleep wonderful and rejuvenating, making us ready to go into the new day!

Mandala + Audio

Good nights and sweet dreams :zzz: :dizzy:

Personal thanks to @Captain_Nemo, @mods and the group members for making this possible.

40 Likes

First night:

Aside of that, soothing, relaxing effects and quicker falling asleep were reported.

And remember, sleep as such may not be easy to measure how good your sleep was, as long as before it, u didn’t have a very disrupted sleep.

Aside of the rather obvious effects mentioned above, there will be these factors to check out, but at least 1-3 weeks and also specific tasks and situations might be needed to better gauge how it has worked, and these are:

• Regenerativeness - best used with some at least a little bit challenging workouts, body-wise
  • Mental sharpness - Analogically as with regenerativeness, but special tasks might not be needed to spot a difference, also depends whether the user gets enough of sleep (and we can see how differently someone may react to sleep deprivations, I personally don’t plan them :slight_smile: )
  • How you feel after waking up overall
  • Emotional component - before sleep, this stuff gets released easily, but long-term emotional states, emotional reactions and emotional maturity are also to check
  • Sleep mastery - Overall sleep awareness and understanding will also be interesting to gauge
  • Going to sleep in different points of day - personally not planning that, but before it, I mostly had a problem with falling asleep before a certain point, so can report if I will need to go to sleep earlier while not having previous sleep deprivation
  • Also, the sleep quota (the amount of sleep needed for full rest and regeneration) can theoretically drop a bit, wasn’t an aim of this project tho, but can be also a result (Surely not recommending anyone to put to it the intention to any further reduce sleep quota as a main goal)

So I will see how these factors go throughout the days and weeks and then I will update you.

7 Likes

1-week review. Results for falling asleep, sleep quality, regenerativeness, sleep quota, emotional component, etc.

After a week, I can definitely say that falling asleep is way easier and faster. Some things sometimes used to keep me awake, but with this, it’s in seconds or in minutes when going to sleep much earlier with just mandala (without having listened to the audio on that day). And that was also in “unknown environment” where I moved just days ago.

Upon waking up, I gradually started to feel better. Now it’s way easier to handle sleep deprivations. Most of sleep deprivation symptoms are way less significant.

And while I didn’t use to have any like emotional storms, but I noticed myself being overall calmer and more able to approach certain things from a distance.

Regarding sleep quota, it seems that I now sleep a little bit less even when I didn’t have to wake up and told it to just help me sleep as much as needed to also clear out any possible sleep debts.

For me personally, it’s a great step towards better health, well-being and even productivity.

4 Likes

One distinctive thing I began noticing over time is that nowadays I pretty much always remember the dream after waking up, even dreams that are harder to remember due to their complicated nature. (I didn’t even seek that benefit, but it’s a good one)

3 Likes

Does this Blueprint of Sleep covers sleep Apnea issues ? Or is sleep apnea more so related to the Jawline and nasal structure ?

2 Likes

Ok, let’s look first what Sleep Apnea is, types, circumstances, etc.

Internet Info:

Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. If you snore loudly and feel tired even after a full night’s sleep, you might have sleep apnea.

The main types of sleep apnea are:

• Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), which is the more common form that occurs when throat muscles relax and block the flow of air into the lungs
  • Central sleep apnea (CSA), which occurs when the brain doesn’t send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing
  • Treatment-emergent central sleep apnea, also known as complex sleep apnea, which happens when someone has OSA — diagnosed with a sleep study — that converts to CSA when receiving therapy for OSA

Now the Question may be which do u have.

Source: Sleep apnea - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic.

Now, first off, I’m not a health professional, nor do I have qualifications or deeper understanding of these issues, so I can tell u only to the extent what some internet, Chat GPT and intuition tells me, in combination with knowing this NFT field.

Always, make sure u do all necessary steps towards resolving the issues and addressing all risk factors.

What Chat-GPT tells me is basically, there are many inter-connections with your sleep and regeneration, but those are not the only factors. And not rly sure if those would be the root cause, would rather bet not.

So, The Blueprint of Sleeping may help with the sleep and regeneration sides of the issues and to some extent, the nerve side as well, just imho it most probably won’t be the complete solution, depending heavily on the type and specifics of your condition. And yeah, Jawline and Nasal Structure can contribute as well.

The field may tho help reduce the negative effects on your sleep and regeneration to some extent.

There are no guarantees tho, it’s recommended that u follow your intuition as well.

But more importantly, firstly have u got a playlist that tries to tackle this issue?

Throat and Neurology fields?

Make sure u have tried working with these (preferably not just playing them):

• NGF and BDNF
  • Nerve Stimulation and Healing
  • Nerve Inflammation
  • Multiple Sclerosis Help
  • Body Nerve Healing
  • Vagus Nerve
  • Throat and Cords
  • Brain Regeneration
  • Plasma Brain of Youth
  • And ideally, also general healing fields