ChatGPT - OpenAI

Ehh, if you guys are unimpressed then you just haven’t been prompting it correctly. It definitely meets the hype it’s getting. Just have to know how to talk to it to get what you want. I have gotten really good at getting novel ideas from it. For example, if you just ask it a question and you’re looking for a creative answer, it will more than likely just give you an answer that has already been given.

But if you ask a question like ‘I would like some unique ideas for items to create through woodworking. By unique, I mean ideas that haven’t been proposed or at all even explored within all of your data set. You can mix unconventional ideas together that have a high probability of being very creatively appealing and impactful.’ And even afterwards, it still might shoot you an idea that has been done before but this is where people lose patience. What you do is google the idea and let it know that you still got this information from a specific place and let it know that you are asking it to invent novel ideas, and one way to do this is by combining ideas that have never been combined together, that when combiend have a high probability for being very beneficial or impactful to you or society.

14 Likes

I spent hours to find the perfect way to make it perform some tasks, how to explain what I wanted with every word and details. Then I ask it to “imagine new xxxx in order to xxxx” and it’s original and you can ask it to break it down into pieces over and over for a crazy amount of details or synthesise it.

Then build on it and the results and speed are far beyond what a human would come up with, just the sheer volume and quality. If it inspire you, you can add that for again another results.

It’s a tool that takes some skills
But yeah, I asked simple questions and got simple answers at the beginning on the level of Siri or Alexa.

3 Likes

I think Playground platform AI has more of this issue, it’s a sub tech within company.

But sure, get creative with what you can ask, you’ll see.

Actually had that first, just started Chat GPT yesterday, and it’s nice at crawling for stuff.

I might just clone your voice brother, and create my own AI Jarvis assistant that would be impressive?

Use Chat GPT, voice cloning, and voice activation NLP.

Maybe give it some sarcasm, some expressiveness.

Haha jk.

But serious thought.

Wanted to build a jarvis AI with Dream’s voice but don’t have the runtime stuff for that.

So plenty of use cases beyond the academic realm.

I agree ChatGPT can be impressive, but only when you go beyond the Q & A.

Otherwise it’s just another chatbot.

Want a Jarvis AI to keep me grounded.

Then use Metahuman tech to create Avatar?

Then apply a holographic tech I been working on and have you with me 24/7, on and off my monitor.

I can show you when I finish it, in a week or two at most.

1 Like

I edited my post to show one of the many ways you can get unique answers. It’s a matter of patience really. You might not get exactly what you wanted right away but through reiterating what you said in different ways, you’ll definitely get there.

@Dr_Manhattan And yes! When you split a complex question into different parts, you tend to get more effective results.

4 Likes

This def helps with your last post on the New Release: Woven Worlds - Millions

With those wanting to start businesses, indulge the new creator economy, the “4 hour” work week hype.

To start spinning their own deals and making moves beyond the salary.

People always asking - “What can I do?” and " How to start?"

Roadmap generation has never been so easier with ChatGPT or any other AI service.

It definitely does help from racking one’s head against the wall at night with idea generation.

Or gleaning insights that would take time to acquire.

But my issue still stands with what you said earlier on another post about falling into the wrong hands.

Go ahead and start talking to it about hot button issues.

Fauci, the Gov, etc.

The real meat and potatoes.

of course there is a disclaimer about biased data, parti pris.

but we all know strings are attached.

That’s why I’m getting my coding and ML knowledge up and Iron Dooming my way to my own tech.

Perhaps my own startup using some inspiration from it.

2 Likes

Lmao go right ahead brother. I’m working on some things on that end as well.

The main limit to ChatGPT and many of these new AI programs is the human imagination. And well, unless you’ve a lot of imagination, it’s hard to truly conceive how far you can go, and society can evolve using these programs. Using it day in and day out, the potentials are boundless and it’s insane to think it’s all just at its infancy. Even if progress were to stop right now, GPT4 is already a huge game changer.

I know it all sounds like hyperbole but I will certainly go more into how it’s a game changer soon.

Bro… For real. You can have any goal be laid out in every step needed to be taken to suceed in it, in mere seconds. This is the kind of direction a lot of people need in life. They might have a goal or aspiration but have no idea how to get there. Sure there are articles online but through the AI, you can have this roadmap specifically laid out for YOU depending on your weaknesses, your strengths, your schedule, ext… That is why it’s so special. It’s that you can customize the information you get to your liking.

3 Likes

Yeah man,

As they say - “Everything is already done for you”.

Well let’s keep building man.

I really want to get The Cyber Brain soon, juxtapose some stuff.

How far do you think we are from full out Transhumanism (not related to Cyber brain) becoming conventional?

People love getting tatted.

I know people are primed with using digital wallets already, but I don’t want to go down that rabbit hole this early in the morning lol.

1 Like

And it’s not a matter of I think people should depend on AI and have it do everything for you. I don’t. I think we should still use the tech to improve ourselves, learn more and do more. It’s just a tool at the end of the day. What people don’t understand that is why this is the next step in technology.

We all have computers. But for us to create a schedule or program some code or do excel work or even type up a draft on a presentation or find something in google (click through 5 articles to get what you were looking for) takes a lot of different steps to go through. We are communicating with the computer to get it to do what we want but with a lot of steps in between.

What these LLMs do is allow you to just simply ask for what you specifically want and get it right away and skip most of the work in between. That’s a game changer and I would like to hear why people would prefer the steps in between, when they can now just focus more on the actual work and creative part. You can do more now that the time to do things gets cut in half.

It’s just a tool. But a powerful one if used wisely and I’m surprised that more people aren’t using it to increase their productivity. As I said in the venting thread, the people who learn how to use these tools will likely surpass those people who don’t. It’s like accountants who were too stubborn to use the calculator or excel and had to compete with accountants using calculators and eventually excel. They got left behind.

5 Likes

So much for copyrighters who freelance?

Yeah the time efficiency is insane with writing etc.

I just checked Chat GPT is free?

I haven OpenAI API access so is that needed for it?

Is that why I can use it?

I was using Playground so long thinking that was Chat GPT lol.

Anyway fortune favors the bold, so might as well start getting to work now bro, with the startup stuff.

1 Like

In prompting a few weeks ago and some random thoughts that entered my head, I was able to find out that we are closer than I thought we were. I always thought that unless humanity can find out what consciousness is and where it comes from, then singularity will never be possible because you can’t merge consciousness with machine without knowing that.

But what I came to learn was that this wasn’t necessary considering how LLMs work. I would share this publicly but I’m not sure if they’ve figured this out yet and I would prefer they not pursue this possiblity yet. We are not ready.

So the path to singularity is already laid out and the technology is already there. It makes me uneasy though because it seems to me that only select few will be able to tap in and increase their brain potential and evolve their beingness over all of us. And the rest of the population would probably get brain links that allow them to get more easily controlled.

So I’m definitely not trusting of that. I am a transhumanist, through and through but I don’t trust the people in power. I don’t. Honestly, after listneing to sam altman’s interview on lex fridman, I think he has the right intentions. But it’s like he said, his fear is of other companies and governments who many not have the best of intentions and want to use this tech for control.

4 Likes

If you’re interested in scientific research you can contrast authors and theories in seconds, which is amazing.

“Which are Heidegger’s main critiques to Hegel?” Bum.

2 Likes

They’ll be fine for a while. They’ll be using gpt to improve their writing and make it more efficient while still keeping their writing style. Others who just copy and paste whatever gpt puts out are dooming themselves. Their writing is so obviously AI and that’s a turn off.

You can write amazingly and beyond your current level with the help of it and still say what you want to say and have your own style. Those people will shine. But not those who just use the AI to do all the work for them. We’ve had people here use gpt to do long posts and nobody is gonna read that. I didn’t. It’s just not what appeals to us.

3 Likes

lol yes my brother. The playground has a little less restrictions but is also pretty limited in text output.

Chatgpt is free. But it is running on 3.5. The latest and most powerful version is 4 which imo, is miles better than 3.5. Cost $20 a month though.

1 Like

So 4 is like the Matatan of all the Open AI services?

I might get it then. :sunglasses: :desert_island: :cocktail:

1 Like

Ask the AI for inspiration and ideas.
But verify with and listen to your Higher Self.

1 Like

Messsage me bro.

Been trying to get started with learning more about my Higher self.

3 Likes

im loving the chatgpt till now i love the complexity in refining answers to some of my questions and random thoughts, i love how it search and collect informations

i start to think about getting plus version which is the 4th

2 Likes

definitely worth the $20 if you work with it daily

1 Like