Coffee & Tea Club

I prefer Green Tea over Black Tea because Green Tea is digested alcalically while Black Tea is digested acidically.

1 Like

@Harufusa

Ah someone caught me out for only scan reading the thread :grimacing:

1 Like

Earl Grey was a past favourite of mine, the bergamot is divine. It’s even nicer as the essential oil :tangerine::leaves: sometimes I revisit it.

1 Like

I love drip coffee. I like the ceremony of it, setting it up and watching as the pot gurgles and fills. The sound of morning salvation from grogginess. And the first sip…ahhhhhh

Coffee and I have been going strong for like 25 years now

2 Likes

If you drink coffee consider playing the theanine audio from the Cerebrum album. Theanine and coffee together has a synergistic nootropic effect while reducing the jitter from coffee. Or try theanine by itself even without coffee.

5 Likes

Wonderfull topić🤩

I like neem , matcha, gynostemma

4 Likes

What I really like about Green Tea is that it tastes perfectly whether it is hot or cold.

On the other hand, coffee must be hot for me in order to taste good.

We even have a saying here in Germany:
“Das ist kalter Kaffee.” (“This is cold coffee.”) meaning “This is completely outdated.”.

5 Likes

Green Tea Time :relieved:

2 Likes

< Commercial – This Thread’s Official Sponsor >

4 Likes

Charming AI girls with green :tea:

5 Likes

I bought some new Twinings Earl Grey ;)
Delicious

4 Likes

Among Mainstream tea is my favourite :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like seeing thin busty ladies in underwear as much as the next guy.

But it’s setting a bad precedent.

Then ladies will post firefighters wearing g-strings and it all gets kinda weird and uncomfortable.

Lets not forget people from other cultures.

More tea less skin !

@JAAJ you can keep 1-2 pictures, that much can be cute without going overboard. You’re free to select which one to remove.

5 Likes

Welcome to the club … that’s what I drink everyday… Twinnings Earl Grey :yum:

2 Likes

Yeah a few pics of the tea ladies is fine. Bunches is a bit overdoing it. Don’t think it’s particularly needed for this topic.

5 Likes

I like my tea advertised by gaia, fresh from tea plantation in Malaysia :leaves: :tea:

11 Likes

Looks nice, what fields are these ?

3 Likes

Cameron Highlands is famous for its foothills of tea shrubs (black tea).

Relaxing and educational tea experience; takes you through their history, tea factory and lots of tea tasting, while enjoying the panoramic sights. :)

3 Likes

Starting the day with a hot beverage is almost a must. I hope one day I can go back to being a black coffee guy, but today it is ginger-green tea for me. Different teas, and coffee especially, bring in different states of mind. Not all caffeine is created equally. Even with theanine, coffee brings about a unique state of mind, which is why I think it is important to drink high-quality coffee and not the junk they put in coffee k-cup pods, which are so bad for your health in numerous ways. It’s a unique type of focus and thought, that can either create super-productivity or super anxiety. I also think it’s so widely used in our post-industrial age because it keeps one locked-into particular thought patterns. I’ve found that it’s easier to wear yourself into the groves of your habits with coffee than not, good or bad. I believe coffee is part of the reason people struggle to change. It can also bring motivation and energy to change, making it a double-edged sword.

Pour-over seems to be the best method for me. French-press was ok, but I never could get it just right, which I believe is by my own lack. I read or listened to something once that talked about how coffee took over the world sometime during or after the enlightenment era, eventually overtaking tea for most by the middle of the 20th century (I’m not sure on this, maybe someone here knows). Before coffee/tea, people drank weak beer as a way to treat water, but in the every-growing industrial nature of the world, there was a push to switch everyone’s beverage of choice from alcohol-based to caffeine based. Benjamin Franklin even wrote about it in his biography, shaming men who chose to drink (probably) weak beer at meals, going against his productive, sober mindset. It was imperative that for the new world to be an economic powerhouse, the general population could not be a mass of drunks, or at least a relaxed, content people who weren’t concerned with extreme focus and work patterns. Caffeine creates vigor and motivation in the workforce, which coincided well with “American Industriousness.” I think in the struggle of tea vs. coffee, coffee won-out in America because it helps facilitate what has been embraced as the highest of American ideals: can-do, productive, never-say-quit. Coffee, and tobacco, like we are seeing today with cannabis, was changed from a once-in-a-while, sometimes ceremonial indulgence, to an every-day type of mental entrainment. If you can see this, you can understand where the western world, at least the United States, is going. We are in the midst of switch-over. Will coffee make it through? Tobacco has been demonized completely. Do the young people, teenagers, drink coffee in the same proliference like their gen-x parents did?

6 Likes