Creating a Phantom wallet for a family member

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create a phantom wallet for my dad. But how do I link the wallet to him?

For now, I changed the Wallet name to my dad’s name.

But does it effectively link the NFT’s to him??

Kindly let me know the best possible way.

@Captain_Nemo

Edit:
I realized that the simplest way is to buy something from thesoundweave.com with my dad’s email so that a phantom wallet can be created through the claim email. Let me know if there are other ways as well.

thanks

7 Likes

I’m not sure if renaming the wallet works. My guess is that there is a chance it does, a high one perhaps. But, you don’t need an email for phantom wallet unless you’re using web extension or something. So, perhaps creating a wallet from scratch then assigning it to your dad’s email on web will have more certain chances of it working

5 Likes

It’s a bit tricky because I’m not sure how many of us know about it. I mean like know for certain. But, I think since you do need an email on web that’s what you could use.

There is always the option of their own phone as well? Not that they need to actively use it or anything, but something as simple as downloading the app on their own phone would make it certainly work (it’d be just exactly what you do for yourself)

3 Likes

So what do you think is the best option? Like ideally how would it be?

Because, so far there are 3 ways that likely work

• Creating a new wallet under their own name
  • Using their own phone to download phantom
    (buy to your email then claim to their wallet directly from the email)
  • Creating a new wallet and linking it to web version using email

I think also phantom has their extention on both chrome and Firefox, so if that’s the case probably you could use them separately?

Or Genie’s suggestion to use their email on checkout, but you’d still need a wallet I think. It will possibly work for them while still not claimed

I have a similar concern also, like I’ve been wanting to get my mom some of the NFTs so when the time comes I’d just download it to her phone and be like hey, this is all yours :D and just have her own them this way… It’s the closest to what we do also

4 Likes

Ohh really? Mine asked for an email and password. I didn’t know it could vary!

After the phrase was confirmed is when it did. It was a new password I had to set up as well.

Are they able to download the app into their phone and screenshot the phrase and send it to you?

This may not be the most secure way (because of the phrase) but less odds for the parents I guess

Either this or try creating another wallet with their own name. It’s decentralized anyway plus would have their name. And your intention of their ownership. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work!

3 Likes

You can add another wallet within extension:

Sol1
sol2

5 Likes

Set intention that Wallet 1 is yours and Wallet 2 is family member.
And its easier to manage. Or go route Desiree suggested (phone app).

6 Likes

Have faith ;-)
Its like sharing paid fields with family members.

5 Likes

Yes, but you are going to create a new wallet with the intention that it will be used for family member and purchase additional NFT. So it should work for the family member.

If you want to be 100% sure, you can go ahead with the method Desiree suggested.

Everything is energy / vibration folks.

3 Likes

Yes. If you want to be 1000% sure better create a new wallet by installing app / chrome extension in your family member Phone / Laptop and have NFT purchased / transferred to your family members wallet.

Only captain knows and can confirm.

5 Likes

Can we not add multiple NFTs to our own wallet and set the intention that copy #2 is for mom, #3 for dad, etc… or do we have to create separate wallets?

2 Likes

Since we don’t really know the specifics of “protection,” the “cleanest” way with the least chance of triggering the “protection” is to set up a separate wallet for each person, since the protection is triggered by the NFT token.

Sapien protection has historically been guided by our intentions (meaning we know when we’re taking advantage or not–and, of course, you’re not!) and that’s been the case with some of the newer products (like PF). So, theoretically, you could be “fine” with your method. But for those forum friends who want to be SURE, the cleanest way is a separate wallet for each person so that the token has clear “instructions” (too strong a word).

5 Likes

Thanks bud, l’ll follow your recommendation to be sure.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to put money in the phantom wallet to put my NFT in another wallet, needs some coins for transactions and all

one question:

I received a NTF in phantom but its together with another NFT now. Does anybody know how to separate them? Many thanks!

Huh?

How is that?

Can you take a ss?