Crypto wallets - FAQs

Ledger and trezor series. But as far as I know, simply revoke all third party permissions in your Phantom wallet should save you from recent “hacks” already.

Cold wallets is either overly priced or just unavailable in India.

8 Likes

Blockchain has clear potential but the concept of having so many cryptocurrencies is beyond my understanding, it is clear that people want to just join the bandwagon, hit some lottery, make quick money and get out.

Until there is a regulation for cryptocurrencies or one community taking over others till only final one remains it doesn’t serve much purpose except for those who want to make money.

The genius who created the bitcoin and blockchain must have known this problem for sure, I like to think of it as an experiment from aliens to see how bad humans get with their greed!

1 Like

Hey thank you so much! Yes as you said I checked the prices and it’s very impractical.
Is this what you’re talking about under revoking third party stuff?

3 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Done!
Thank you @kimchisauerkraut and everyone
Really hoping that we remain safe from any hacks

2 Likes

Metamask revoking process:

in your browser open MetaMask:

• Click the “Connected” button with the green circle
  • It will show you the accounts connected to the site
  • For any connected click the three dots, and disconnect

Phantom wallet revoking process:

Click on the Wheel icon → Trusted Apps → Revoke

How to protect your assets in Wallet
Always create a burner wallet for any NFT Airdrops and only transfer the amount that is needed. Do not FOMO into it.
Disable DM on your discord, and do not click on any links on the chat. Only click on links from official announcements.
(these two points are if you are also dealing with other NFTs outside of this community)
Always revoke access after every drop. (Click on the Wheel icon → Trusted Apps → Revoke)
Lastly, never ever show your secret recovery phrase to anyone claiming to offer assistance

more on revoking assess to apps:

https://www.publish0x.com/treforest/useful-tools-for-checking-token-approval-and-revoking-these-xmmpnqo

some resources (glossary) for beginners:
https://learncrypto.com/glossary (explore the website)

Mnemonic Phrase

A list of random words used as a backup to restore Bitcoin wallets that may have been destroyed or otherwise locked. These are usually generated when a wallet is created, with the user being instructed to write it down on a piece of paper for a physical backup. Also known as a Seed Phrase.

Private Key

A 64 character alphanumeric string which controls the movement of unspent funds associated with a cryptocurrency address. Modern HD Crypto Wallets use Seed Phrases rather than requiring the handling of private keys, but the term Private Key is widely used to underscore the importance of being in control of your funds.

DYOR

Abbreviation for Do You Own Research, widely used in the crypto community to encourage newcomers to make decisions based on their research and understanding, rather than blindly following opinions of others.

Non Fungible Token (NFT)

A type of digital token that is verifiably unique and can therefore be used to assert rights to ownership of digital collectibles like art or in-game items. NFTs are generated on the Ethereum blockchain using the ERC-721 or ERC 1155 standards.

13 Likes

My metamask was connected to chrome tab and pancake which I just revoked access to. Hopefully that doesn’t screw anything up… @Zen ?

i don’t think you need to worry about this.

next time you go to pancake swap it’ll just ask for permission to interact with your wallet and funds. (as if it’s the first time you interacted with the site. Once it gains access you’ll be to interact on the site etc)

5 Likes

That’s good to hear.

Thank you, Crypto/BlockChain/Bitcoin/Meta/Sol/Pancake Guru!! :pray: :pray: :muscle:

1 Like

Hey Crypto Gurus!

I need to transfer an NFT to someone and getting hit with a fee before I can transfer in Phantom. I don’t have any $$ in the account. What do I need to do? :relaxed: @Kalacakra @Zen

2 Likes

Is this venly or solana/phantom?

Ahh… yes, forgot to add. This is in Phantom. Thanks, @Rosechalice

1 Like

dm your wallet number to me and I will send you some SOL

3 Likes

:open_mouth: Really??

2 Likes

I had to buy $30 worth before I found out it could be done for less. Fees are really inexpensive on solana, so that $30 will last me forever. I would be happy to send some to you.

4 Likes

Besides a little will still go a long way

2 Likes

Thank you so so much!! :relaxed: :hugs:

Sent PM

1 Like

my pleasure, sweetie! you're welcome 3

2 Likes

No. can not be done.
Venly works on Polygon which is a Layer 2 (like a highway. Faster and cheaper) on the Ethereum blockchain.
Phantom is a Solana blockchain wallet
There is no bridge, currently to send NFTs from one to the other as they are different beasts. And if there was, it would work by minting a new one in the receiving blockchain and burning the original one. Not sure how that would affect Sapien NFTs. Hypothetical since as I said, currently doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Transfer some MATIC from Venly to Trustee
Swap MATIC to SOL
Transfer SOL to your phantom wallet
Done

8 Likes