General Discussion

It’s my Brit humor… :wink:

Didn’t want to go down the rabbit hole, but …NASA is also launching sounding rockets to shoot into the moon’s shadow during the Eclipse as well… :roll_eyes:

NASA to Launch Sounding Rockets into Moon’s Shadow During Solar Eclipse. NASA will launch three sounding rockets during the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024 , to study how Earth’s upper atmosphere is affected when sunlight momentarily dims over a portion of the planet.

3 Likes

There is an old antler cross-legged deity, what was the name again? My memory is a bit foggy.

2 Likes

Luxury items are called “luxury” for a reason.
And they are expensive for a reason.
They are not meant to be affordable for everyone and to be worn by everyone.
They are intended to be “exclusive”.

Wearing fakes means lying to yourself about your financial situation and about your abudance mindset.

And buying authentic luxury items while you are actually broke, means simply being bad at personal money management.

Buy it when you can actually afford it.

Until then, wear what you can afford.

And if you are confident enough to admit to others that you are wearing something fake, then you already have the confidence to wear regular stuff and not feel bad about yourself.

Sometimes a 4 € tshirt can give others the impression that you are wearing a 200 € tshirt, if you wear it with confidence.

2 Likes

I like gen z a lot for all the reasons Dr. Manhattan listed. The only thing I am not a fan of is the brocoli hairstyle.

2 Likes

In terms of fashion, luxury goods are not meant to be exclusive so much as they are meant to signal exclusivity. The money is made by getting the upper middle class to purchase that signaling. Counterfeiting/knock-offs are often an important means to bring awareness of the brand to that larger monied group. That group monies will make sure that theirs is the authentic product—with a certificate!!—eventually LV logos are everywhere, and the exclusivity cycle must start anew.

Edited for clarity.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Replay

:100:

@zea too

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Another totally unrelated, coincidental name.

Yeah man… it’s just that people have confirmation bias…

just noticed and thought this was interesting. the Paracas Candelabra is a mysterious geoglyph in peru. No one definitively knows who made it and why and there is speculation about when it was made. i noticed it shared similarities to kabbalah. idk what to think of this, could be coincidence or

EDIT: scholar Renè Guenon believes it represents the Tree Of Life, too, according to a website i just read

IMG_8309
kabbal

I learned a new German word today.

“Verböserung”

…which means per exact translation the “the Evilening of something” (meaning something “becoming more evil than before”) :laughing:

This is a real official word in the German Tax Law system :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

(“Reformatio in peius” in jurisdicial Latin)

Link for German speaking folks.

1 Like

Germans/You are quite inventive with their/Your words.

So, everyone’s fine after the eclipse?

No aliens, no monsters, no nothing?

Boring… :yawning_face:

Meanwhile somewhere in the Sahara…

5 Likes

If you call this nothing

femto-griffith

(In some other universe)

5 Likes

Internet infra temporarily went out of service https://blog.cloudflare.com/total-eclipse-internet-traffic-impacts-mexico-us-canada if you count this as something.

1 Like

I saw the one in 2017. Mind-blowing. A friend of mine saw this one and had the same reaction. Nothing short of a soulquake.

1 Like