Hello, I'm New to this forum

Greetings I’m SlowlySeekingGrowth. I hope my name being a play on words amuses some and if any are offended -shrugs- I’ll not be. I’ve been enjoying Sapien’s fields for a few years now and finally decided to join in. My name should state one of my main goals fairly well. Fair warning to all I am A High Functioning Autistic with ADHD and lack a lot of normal experience in socialization (people can confuse me, I’ve been working on this for years). So if I don’t understand what any of you try to tell me right away and need clarification, I’m not trying to offend or be difficult. Also, please forgive me if I make any mistakes in posts that may offend you -If Its on purpose I’ll specify it is (though I prefer to try and not engage in such activities.-So if I’m making mistakes please point them out. I’m not sure where I want to end up in this life, but I’m searching for an experience that will break me free of my limited view of reality, without driving me insane of course. Also, I’m curious to find out -consciously- what will happen after I die due too some bad experiences with the overly religious trying to force my conversion.

Finally I would appreciate any advice or recommendations on ways to develop my awareness, discernment, and grow into a better more compassionate person. Specifically I could really use more detailed -simpler to understand for beginners- means of succeeding at meditation (I’m using the energy course which is helping immensely already to correct some of my misunderstandings) and sensing/communicating with servitors so I can finally get to activating/using the ones I’ve already bought (didn’t feel right to use without being able to interact with them.).

8 Likes

Hi! I’ve already welcomed you, but I’m going to do it again. Glad you’re here.
angel welcome purple

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

You’re in luck. Sapien just released Effortless Meditation: Mindfulness Bell of Peace, which you can enjoy when you’ve finished your first round of your Energy Course.

And I believe Sammy (one half of Sapien) has written a wonderful primer on Meditation on this forum. You can find that thread with your helpful forum search engine (that little magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of every page of this forum).

Sammy’s got you covered there too:

There have been other conversations on that topic, too.

Have fun with us!

2 Likes

Welcome SlowlySeekingGrowth! I appreciate the self-introduction for how you experience reality - social interaction, as well as some of your intentions here.

For some reason when I first read your name, and even now, I have the image of a brown, somewhat cartoonist sloth on the ground, progressing slowly(hope that doesn’t offend). Just what came to mind.

Regarding meditation…I came across this yesterday, and since you asked here, I thought I might as well share.

Simple descriptions

1 Like

Thank you for the information. No offense taken, I actually find it amusingly accurate in a way. I admit to being lazy for the majority of my life and am still wishing I had Toon Physics. Still not sure where I’m going or how to progress beyond meditation, Star exercise, and the fields offered here. So that image fits who I’ve been well enough up to this point. I hope to speed it up and change who I Am with time, but I’m not in a great hurry if things don’t progress as fast as I would desire. Better to slowly and safely grow than to go too fast and burn out (again) I would say. Do you get a feeling that the image is past and present representation or onward into the future (if its that kind of feeling)?

1 Like

Interesting. With your comment it feels like a tortoise and a hare comparison (Aesop fable) for how you may compare approaches in life currently.

Hmm, I was reading yesterday, I think related to the Yggdrasil tree, about different conceptions of time. The common, usual approach is an idea of past, present, and future. There are others too, depending on the point of view/orientation.

To answer your question, the image for me wasn’t so much about past or future, it felt like the vehicle you were slipping(snuggling?) into in creating the username and formally entering this forum/community.
Like an identity or life approach that you’re trying on. So present, with SSG’s consideration of the past, and moving unto greater and greater unknowns. Seems sensible.

Your viewpoint also interests me. I hadn’t quite thought about it like that. I’ll have to ponder it more after I get some sleep. Thank you again for your consideration. May you have an enjoyable day/evening/night wherever you may be and benevolent light ever illuminate your path. Namaste for now.

1 Like

Welcome, @SlowlySeekingGrowth. :pray:

2 Likes

thank you for welcoming me. I’m happy to be here.

2 Likes