Mindset that attracts sexism

I’m not sure why it would be assumed I am stating my brothers are dumb lol. Of course not. I am basing this beyond gender. Genderless ; just the concept of ignorance, ignorant, foolish, narrow minded comments.

Maybe because EdEddnEddie are men and i used that in the the sentence…? I dunno but
I just meant as cartoon characters
I’d of reference them if it was the show was instead called El, Ella & Evaline

4 Likes

Actually I’d like to make it clear
Many men on here are very kind, gracious, and respectful especially when it comes to their peers, including women.
They treat them as a sister just like they would a brother. They treat all equal, all revered in utmost respect.

Furthermore they understand that the concept of feminism simply means equality; cerebral equality for men and women. Just equality. It means you will not throw a female widow into the prye once her husband dies, or have her bring to her in-laws a dowry, just as her soon to be husband will not.
It means to treat all the way death does; equal. Death picks us up sans regard to one’s gender, caste, or creed.
Anyways, for those of you who do, many of which are men, are sincerely appreciated. You have my utmost respect :)

And @MonkeyOwl monkeyowl your engliish is superb do not doubt that for a moment! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well… that’s debatable :joy:

2 Likes

Can you debate it elsewhere though…?
Let’s respect OP

2 Likes

No, it is not; what you are referring to is the interpretation of the definition, not the definition itself. :slight_smile:

It is important we differentiate this. Truly (not referring to you btw I mean in general).
When in doubt refer to your ability to scope something out for what it actually means. Start from scratch. So many terms today have been manipulated, does that actually mean that the concept itself is ? No. It’s someone else’s projection, or perspective of said concept that is; to such a point that the general itself becomes judgmental of it; we must separate opinion from fact.
if we don’t everything will remain in chaos and will clash.

also I really hope you realize what I said isn’t meant to be read like that.
enough is enough. it’s time this forum understands there should be no hostility to men or women.
that is not the goal of this place, and anyone who practices that type of way ought to purchase this: New Perspectives: New Release

I am not kidding. It’s not about who’s right who’s wrong. It’s just a humane ethic. Treat all with respect, with love.

Unless you prefer to live in a world that does not support humanitarian ethics (but then honestly that makes no sense why you’d even be here considering the Duo is the epitome of that concept) then… idk. Maybe I’ll just re-advertise New Perspectives: New Release idk

But please. Don’t minimize what I write up there not because I wrote it, but because it’s very sad to see such a wall of separation, when we are all meant to unite :) I never want anyone on this forum to think I hate men. I love them! Hell my best friend is a man. My other great friend is a man. I love them to death. They obviously aren’t mysgonitic

and consider

too

3 Likes

I never said I wanted to debate it, just saying it’s a debatable topic that’s all…

@Violet No no it’s fine I won’t say anymore, she’s right… it’s off topic :slightly_smiling_face: I’m just saying I’ve got my own opinion about it. Nothing wrong with that.

Ones that speak about Chad culture
Toxic masculinity
About ‘hot chicks’
About rating physical attractiveness on the scale
Like “A chick approached me, she was a niner…”
Rating women and men like they are objects

Caring about their jawline definitions, reproductive organs more than what is in their heart

Looking down upon sex workers (obviously only female ones)
Or how is it only admirable for a man to have a lot of attention from the opposite gender, to have ‘all ladies’
When the genders are switched the woman is not admired for this
She is suddenly a slut

2 Likes

Well, we have the right to care about looks. :grinning:
That’s not sexism.

We are kind of programmed by Nature to look for attractive women, it’s not our fault, again, not sexism, just Nature; still, some of us may use certain words, sometimes, but rarely you would find a man who actually thinks women are inferior or any of that thinking; also, we have to keep in mind the context, there are certain threads where there are heated debates or hot topics.

Playing a little bit of the Devil’s advocate here, but you have to see these perspectives as well.

2 Likes

That’s not sexism when you take a quote out of the context.
I’m by no means trying to blame the entire manhood and label each man as sexist.

So there is no really ‘we’ here, you see.
I’m sure you yourself probably don’t have gender-based prejudices, which is great.
But please do not take my message personally onto yourself, because I never meant it towards all men.

By colligating the toxic masculinity into ‘we are programmed’ you are dismissing the problem.

1 Like

Well, each man is an individual and if someone treats women disrespectfully, that’s their problem, they sure got issues, unfortunately…

My advice is this: don’t take their words personally, unless they are attacking you or calling you names or anything like that, in which case you can flag their comments.

The vast majority of people, the vast majority of us (male or female) are kind of broken, really flawed individuals, in some way or another, but that does not excuse anyone from being disrespectful.

2 Likes

Yeah. Thank you.
Gonna watch it like a silly movie, without getting involved emotionally.
None of it is real anyway lol

1 Like

Well, you either flag every single disrespectful comment (or some of them) or you ignore certin topics or you watch the whole “drama” as a movie, as you said. :sweat_smile:

Think about it, we men are suffering for not getting a certain woman to like us, many women (some are more ambitious, some guys want all the women they meet to love them/be attracted to them) or even just one woman, any woman…

It’s a show, to be honest, like the Greek theatre masks, happiness and sadness, watch/read our dramas as a comedy/drama, you’ll love it (or not). :joy:

1 Like

Nah, they don’t deserve this much attention lol

1 Like

I see -

I look down more on sex buyers than on sex workers, not because of gender or any sort of “abuse/use” of sex workers (even if that exists, though not the general issue in my opinion) but because of males taking the easy way to getting laid rather than working on themselves to become something attractive. A magnet, a strong inner core and self worth, that attracts women without the need to try or clown around for their attention.

I also personally I do not see any of that being sexism, some of that even being straight up biological facts. Outside of toxic masculinity of course, which is a term I don’t agree with in general. Masculinity is beautiful in so many ways. Masculinity is also something decaying, and has been decaying for many years in the west. I see almost as many feminine boys these days as I see feminine girls.

“Toxism” comes in every color, shape and form, both from females and from males. I do not agree with toxic femininity just as little as I agree with the existence of toxic masculinity.

I will not start a discussion here though as the topic is sensitive to you. But I think first and foremost, you need to focus on yourself much more, rather than on others. I would go absolutely nuts if those were things that bothered me on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the wrong wording and it’s not about the masculinity and femininity
But it’s still about the toxicity and prejudices
The rage of ‘incels’ and ‘femcels’

2 Likes

Yes, that rage stems from their own lack of self worth mostly, and it spreads and affects others in a toxic way. I stay away from that rage too. Rather than working on themselves - they blame everything and everyone else. It is utterly pathetic.

3 Likes

I thought a little and I think it was wrong of me to use the masculinity/femininity in a sense of ‘toxic’
These aspects are divine
It’s like labeling love toxic if one has some problems in their relationship

2 Likes

I read the op and was worried this was going to descend into arguing again but… it went as well as it could. Great discussion everyone.

My only answer is sort of what some of you saying. I believe you will be doing yourself a grand favor by detaching from being offended by these things. Someone else’s thoughts that might seem demeaning or outdated, are their thoughts. Their thoughts shouldn’t have an effect on you.

The world is full of such thoughts/ideas that contradict your world beliefs/perspective. You will likely run into them even if you try to avoid them. And you will be triggered unless you come to accept that this is just where society is still at.

I’ve had to accept that there are still war mongerers in this world. I accept there is so much division in the world. I accept xenophobia is on the rise, slavery still exists, children are sexually exploited, damage we’ve done to this planet, corrupted leaders, inequality is still the norm and so on. It’s the way of this world. If I don’t accept that this is just part of this game, I will automatically react with negativity at every turn.

The negative in this world has as much place as the positive. It is part of someone else’s growth even if it doesn’t seem that way. The ALL grows through the suffering and love.

That being said, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do anything about these things. Accepting it doesn’t mean embracing it. Doesn’t mean to tolerate disrespect. We should defend ourselves if we have to and if we see something wrong and can do something about it, it would benefit the collective if we act on it.

But acceptance of the world and all its duality is how you begin to flow with the world and find peace within it. All the ugliness is a part of the divine. It’s the hardest truth to accept. Not saying to do so now. Take your time with such a thing.

14 Likes

Everything does indeed have it’s place. I’m actually happy that the world isn’t all 100% fair, 100% full of love, 100% peace. I believe that is not how balance works and it would do more harm than good, even if it sounds like the dream utopia - it would not be.

Without hatred, there can’t be love. Without darkness, no light, etc. As long as humanity has existed, there has been injustice, hatred, justice, love, etc. It is how it’s intended, and forever should be, in my opinion.

Once one become at peace with this, and accepts this, I believe one will feel much better internally, rather than “Why can’t everyone have the same world view as me? Mine is the right one. Mine is only full of love. No one would suffer” etc.

5 Likes