Mindset that attracts sexism

:100: I think the word for it is misandry.

2 Likes

What do girls think about the Johnny Bravo mentality though? :muscle::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I re-read the topic because I donā€™t think we were hating on men here in general?
She came with a situation and I donā€™t think we have been hating on men as a response. Iā€™m just asking this because I think you would bring this up only if you felt like there was some of that going on here (?).

As English is not my first language, plus I donā€™t know that show, maybe something is lost on me hereā€¦ are you saying you think she is calling some peopleā€™s comments on here lowkey dumb, or you donā€™t the she isā€¦? :laughing:

Either way it would probably be best to just focus on OP and recommendations for her issue.

5 Likes

Violet mentioned

OP mentioned she doesnā€™t have social media

my assumption (and this is my fault, to assumeā€¦ (assumption the mother of all fuckups) is the is that Violent was speaking about Men on here as the topic is about

ā€¦

of course, we all want to provide well-rounded advice.

1 Like

This is so boring. :yawning_face:

which part?

Iā€™m bringing up some points Iā€™ll like clarifications to better provide feedback for midthunder, nice balanced feedback.

1 Like

Nothing.
Thats why i deleted it.
Dont quote my deleted posts.

1 Like

You misunderstand what I meant Zen :slight_smile: ignorance. I am referring to ignorance. Those who boast and gloat in their body armor of ignorance
Those who speak from a place of ignorance, a place of contempt.
I try to scroll away from those comments / block them out, as it is of not much resonance :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why it would be assumed I am stating my brothers are dumb lol. Of course not. I am basing this beyond gender. Genderless ; just the concept of ignorance, ignorant, foolish, narrow minded comments.

Maybe because EdEddnEddie are men and i used that in the the sentenceā€¦? I dunno but
I just meant as cartoon characters
Iā€™d of reference them if it was the show was instead called El, Ella & Evaline

4 Likes

Actually Iā€™d like to make it clear
Many men on here are very kind, gracious, and respectful especially when it comes to their peers, including women.
They treat them as a sister just like they would a brother. They treat all equal, all revered in utmost respect.

Furthermore they understand that the concept of feminism simply means equality; cerebral equality for men and women. Just equality. It means you will not throw a female widow into the prye once her husband dies, or have her bring to her in-laws a dowry, just as her soon to be husband will not.
It means to treat all the way death does; equal. Death picks us up sans regard to oneā€™s gender, caste, or creed.
Anyways, for those of you who do, many of which are men, are sincerely appreciated. You have my utmost respect :)

And @MonkeyOwl monkeyowl your engliish is superb do not doubt that for a moment! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wellā€¦ thatā€™s debatable :joy:

2 Likes

Can you debate it elsewhere thoughā€¦?
Letā€™s respect OP

2 Likes

No, it is not; what you are referring to is the interpretation of the definition, not the definition itself. :slight_smile:

It is important we differentiate this. Truly (not referring to you btw I mean in general).
When in doubt refer to your ability to scope something out for what it actually means. Start from scratch. So many terms today have been manipulated, does that actually mean that the concept itself is ? No. Itā€™s someone elseā€™s projection, or perspective of said concept that is; to such a point that the general itself becomes judgmental of it; we must separate opinion from fact.
if we donā€™t everything will remain in chaos and will clash.

also I really hope you realize what I said isnā€™t meant to be read like that.
enough is enough. itā€™s time this forum understands there should be no hostility to men or women.
that is not the goal of this place, and anyone who practices that type of way ought to purchase this: New Perspectives: New Release

I am not kidding. Itā€™s not about whoā€™s right whoā€™s wrong. Itā€™s just a humane ethic. Treat all with respect, with love.

Unless you prefer to live in a world that does not support humanitarian ethics (but then honestly that makes no sense why youā€™d even be here considering the Duo is the epitome of that concept) thenā€¦ idk. Maybe Iā€™ll just re-advertise New Perspectives: New Release idk

But please. Donā€™t minimize what I write up there not because I wrote it, but because itā€™s very sad to see such a wall of separation, when we are all meant to unite :) I never want anyone on this forum to think I hate men. I love them! Hell my best friend is a man. My other great friend is a man. I love them to death. They obviously arenā€™t mysgonitic

and consider

too

3 Likes

I never said I wanted to debate it, just saying itā€™s a debatable topic thatā€™s allā€¦

@Violet No no itā€™s fine I wonā€™t say anymore, sheā€™s rightā€¦ itā€™s off topic :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m just saying Iā€™ve got my own opinion about it. Nothing wrong with that.

Ones that speak about Chad culture
Toxic masculinity
About ā€˜hot chicksā€™
About rating physical attractiveness on the scale
Like ā€œA chick approached me, she was a ninerā€¦ā€
Rating women and men like they are objects

Caring about their jawline definitions, reproductive organs more than what is in their heart

Looking down upon sex workers (obviously only female ones)
Or how is it only admirable for a man to have a lot of attention from the opposite gender, to have ā€˜all ladiesā€™
When the genders are switched the woman is not admired for this
She is suddenly a slut

2 Likes

Well, we have the right to care about looks. :grinning:
Thatā€™s not sexism.

We are kind of programmed by Nature to look for attractive women, itā€™s not our fault, again, not sexism, just Nature; still, some of us may use certain words, sometimes, but rarely you would find a man who actually thinks women are inferior or any of that thinking; also, we have to keep in mind the context, there are certain threads where there are heated debates or hot topics.

Playing a little bit of the Devilā€™s advocate here, but you have to see these perspectives as well.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not sexism when you take a quote out of the context.
Iā€™m by no means trying to blame the entire manhood and label each man as sexist.

So there is no really ā€˜weā€™ here, you see.
Iā€™m sure you yourself probably donā€™t have gender-based prejudices, which is great.
But please do not take my message personally onto yourself, because I never meant it towards all men.

By colligating the toxic masculinity into ā€˜we are programmedā€™ you are dismissing the problem.

1 Like

Well, each man is an individual and if someone treats women disrespectfully, thatā€™s their problem, they sure got issues, unfortunatelyā€¦

My advice is this: donā€™t take their words personally, unless they are attacking you or calling you names or anything like that, in which case you can flag their comments.

The vast majority of people, the vast majority of us (male or female) are kind of broken, really flawed individuals, in some way or another, but that does not excuse anyone from being disrespectful.

2 Likes

Yeah. Thank you.
Gonna watch it like a silly movie, without getting involved emotionally.
None of it is real anyway lol

1 Like

Well, you either flag every single disrespectful comment (or some of them) or you ignore certin topics or you watch the whole ā€œdramaā€ as a movie, as you said. :sweat_smile:

Think about it, we men are suffering for not getting a certain woman to like us, many women (some are more ambitious, some guys want all the women they meet to love them/be attracted to them) or even just one woman, any womanā€¦

Itā€™s a show, to be honest, like the Greek theatre masks, happiness and sadness, watch/read our dramas as a comedy/drama, youā€™ll love it (or not). :joy:

1 Like