Navigating Eckhart Tolle Buddah Territory

12 posts were split to a new topic: Entity/Deity Thread

@Atreides Laying siege on your thread, do you surrender, or do we continue this ?!!

;D

1 Like

Hey @Dewbob , I think your post and @Samurai’s convo deserves its own thread so I’m going to move it to a new one. You guys want a specific name for it? Maybe the Entiity/Diety thread?

8 Likes

Sure thing Sam. Sounds good! Yeah Entity/Deity thread sounds fine.

1 Like

@Samurai
It’s everybody’s forum. If you feel this fits here, cool. Putting it in a PM or another thread is totally your call.

I now see you already did.

I’ve been thinking a little about the reactions to this topic. They’re all good. They range from helpful/useful to kind or both. But I’ve wondered if I presented this the right way. I said “territory” to give the idea that I’m talking about a loose similarity. I almost wish I hadn’t put Buddah in there at all.

I don’t feel enlightened or like I’ve achieved something. I feel like I’m experiencing something that is utterly natural. Deer eat grass in meadow clearings in the forest when they sense no hunter. Humans feel an awareness of their own existence when feel they have had enough of all the things they usually seek.

Not “had enough” as in “I’m fed up”. But “had enough” as in “I’m good, I’ve gathered all I can gather from all the sources that I usually go to”. “Now what am I, bored? No. But I’m doing nothing. So, what am I? Satisfied. Ok. But what is this thing I’m doing now? It looks like I’m doing nothing. But no, that’s not what this is. What is this thing I’m doing now? Oh. I’m being.”

For years, asking myself those questions led to different answers. Answers other than “I’m satisfied, fulfilled, I’ve had enough”. It led to “I feel like there is something I need but I can’t put my finger on it”. And I would talk it through until I could put my finger on it. And then I sought the thing until I found it.

5 Likes

“To awaken suddenly to the fact that your own Mind is the Buddha, that there is nothing to be attained or a single action to be performed – this is the Supreme Way….

– Huang Po

The nature of the Mind when understood,
No human speech can compass or disclose.
Enlightenment is naught to be attained,
And he that gains it does not say he knows.

~Huang Po

To practice complex spiritual practices is to progress step by step:
but the eternal Buddha is not a Buddha of progressive stages.
Just awaken to the one Mind,
and there is absolutely nothing to be attained.
This is the real Buddha.
~ Huang Po

10 Likes

That’s cool man. I may look this Huang Po up. I’ll bring him an empty tea cup or something. Just kidding. Looks like good reading though.

I feel like fear/lack is the human experience at large but it’s completely unnatural. It’s like that’s what everyone is feeling deep down and that’s what everyone has to share with everyone. Like a contagion. Lol.

We have to get really good at not getting infected. There is a mantra we can use. “That is just how they feel”. We could repeat this every 10 seconds in our minds while out in the world and it could help us. There is some ancient practice kinda similar to that where you imagine cutting cords with a knife every time someone tries to attach to you. That’s not exactly what I’m talking about but it reminds me of that.

“That is just how they feel”. It’s deflecting all the projections. If someone speaks to you like you are a child when you are in your 20s or 30s, say “that is just how they feel”. It doesn’t mean that they just feel like you as an adult are a child. That’s not it. It is that they actually feel like a child and that is the only reason they want to make you feel like a child. If you feel the lack that they feel, and if you feel it by being compared to them as if they are the adult, then they get to believe what they wish was true for a moment, that they do not feel like a child.

It works for anything else too. It’s all lack. They can pawn off a lack of anything on you. “You’re not an adult, you’re not good, you’re not cool, you’re not whatever enough.” That is just how they feel!

Fear/lack is such a funny thing too. Often people want you to feel it because they enjoy seeing you put into a less-than position to them so they can feel superior or in control and it often has a flavor of sadism to it.

But that’s not always the case. Sometimes even the best of people have that fear/lack in them and they are trying to share it with you because it’s the most valuable thing they believe they have. After this “experience” I went back to listen to one of the teachers or talkers that I think are about as woke and good-natured and broke out of the system as anyone, and the entire nature of what they were sharing changed it’s tone. They were barraging me with fear/lack energy, I endured it for 2 hours but it was a work out. The entire time my “shield” held up. “That is just what they feel”.

When we act on a fear/lack belief, feeling, or thought, we do so to prevent the things we fear or to gain the things we lack. But it’s a trick. When we act on fear/lack, we can only create the thing we acted from.

These are all just me processing my thoughts. Not trying to teach you anything. It’s good reminders to me, maybe to you also.

8 Likes

That’s what enlightenment is about, and that’s why the mind usually miss the point over and over

4 Likes

There are so many things I believe factored into this. I was just thinking about how I listened to the new Amygdala audio looped for 2 hours the other night. Of course I couldn’t sleep. Or I would have done it for 8 hours.

1 Like

I’m listening to David Wilcock’s newest book right now and loving it. I noticed something neat about my vibrations. More than a week ago before I started wearing the Michael mandala, there was a speaker I could barely stand to listen to. He sounded too “good” and it irritated me. After wearing the mandala I was right on his level and really enjoyed his talks.

Then some other changes took place. And I no longer wanted to listen to him because the lack of trust in the universe in his emotions came through his voice and grated against my vibration. So I started listening to David again.

David has a high vibration in all of his books. But from my new place (I swear I’m not bragging, I know how this could come across), I noticed in order of publication, his first three books, the vibration he was putting out fit more with me or less with me depending on how far back he recorded them. In other words his most recent work fit best with me but his older two books were out of sync with me just enough that I noticed. They weren’t bad but still… I noticed.

Now I’m listening to his fourth book released today, and it’s flowing so well. Whatever state he’s in right now, it’s just perfect for going along with whatever state I’m in. There is so much “flow” that I feel like everything he is saying is going straight into my subconscious.

Anyways. I thought that might be interesting to you. I find it cool.

3 Likes

Interesting you should bring up David. I have a long complicated history with him.
And I mean, past lives history, so I can be biased when it comes to him.
I will say this, when he’s channeling his Higher Self, just like when he was Edgar channeling, all is well.
When he’s not… ugh… severe, world altering “issues” occur.

Don’t know how this directly relates to what you said, but it does… somehow :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is enlightening… Somehow. Lol. Really though it is. I just don’t know why or how yet.

I love his work ok so read the following in the light of that and don’t think otherwise.

The opening to his Synchronicity book, the audio version, was 12 minutes of him doing his damnedest to hypnotize me into depression! Lol. It was amazing. I was like holy crap David why are you doing this. He didn’t “break the skin” so to speak but he did a damn good job of trying.

I found out later he recorded that shortly after living under threat of death. So it adds up.

3 Likes

I believe I’m in the same territory right now. The above lines are really resonating with me atm.

So what happened after this? It’s been a few months for you.

The bliss comes and goes but it was never my goal. The thing it springs from stays. Contentment.

3 Likes

I think I’ve jumped from craving/desire to Neutrality level.

This feeling of having everything already seems surreal.

I never imagined it to be like it because I was always in that feeling of needing everything phase

I think that’s one way to trick your self into it. Want so hard that the wanting part of you just gives out. Which is kind of what Eckhart Tolle described happening to him.

1 Like

Nah

That ain’t the case for me, bro.

I think I was already shifting to this mindset but it was very gradual process

But, after listening to chakra audios for a few weeks and now vibes for a week.

These beliefs were blasted to the next levels.

I don’t think it would have happened this fast without dream’s audios

1 Like

@_OM

I’m sure you crossed this stage a long time ago.

Wanna chime in on how you navigated through it. The “Neutrality” level.

1 Like

Your posts have brought me some comfort today. I’m going through something very similar right now…some heavy internal changes. Been listening to many (to put it lightly) spiritual fields (a mix) for some time, and BOL , and feeling i have no other choice anymore but to take silence or meditative time with myself…or immerse in yoga (it’s become imperative, or “reflexive” maybe?) as a release to the conflicting nature this state of mind -or maybe stark contrast-it can essentially have against the backdrop of the rest of the world/society. I usually try evading this meditative space for a plethora of reasons Im sure, but feel compelled to it as of late because of the massive amount of existential (the word I want to use?) change within…like I now REQUIRE spiritual work, some time with it everyday whether I plan it in or not. In fact, I almost “break” into it if I find myself resisting…my soul says “nope”, And I will legitimately start spacing out in my daily life if I don’t take time to be in this space. This almost “emptiness”…to be in that void. Apologies for the vernacular, i struggle putting words around a lot of this. These changes. These topics.

4 Likes