Scam / Counterfeit Reports Thread for Sapien Medicine

I recently was up for trading 3 NFTs against 1 in return but the person insisted that I should send all 3 first then s/he will send the NFT in return while I said I will send 1 (highest priced among the 3) you send me the NFT then I will send the rest 2.

I don’t know from my perspective it looked fishy and I called off the deal. In cases like this what to do?

It’s not hard for me to take you off that list. When “random” circumstances arise, and they are confirmed by several people - a certain opinion is formed.

Here we also share suspicious actions. I think that’s what this thread is for.

removed

4 Likes

Noting:

We come up with a general guideline of determining trust levels. An open discussion suggested here Trust Levels for Traders

6 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

I completely understand what you guys are saying here, and I also take full responsibility of the 2 failed trades, I am genuinely sorry for something that had happen but once again, i am not a scammer and neither i ever had any intentions of doing this, my wallet is still out of my control right now, I am unable to send or recieve the NFT’s, whilst trying to send an NFT its shows the it’s sending but even after waiting for hours on the end nothing happens.

2 Likes

Maybe you can ask them if they can add someone the discussion who can vouch for them someone who is senior in thread and someone you trust?

2 Likes

Good idea may be the moderator Divine_Lotus herself.

2 Likes

You’re fine. Reassuring you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
It’s great that you speak up for yourself and are willing to solve problems. That is more than enough to show how much you care and it shows how trustworthy you are

9 Likes

Yes, thank you. Forgive me too.
Too much suspicious activity on the forum lately,and we’re all under the radar lol

Your problem is most likely that you don’t have SOL

But that’s not a topic of conversation in this thread.

Once again, please accept my apologies :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for understanding my side, I assure, hence going forward all my trades will include someone senior (if they’re comfortable) and then only I will proceed ahead with anything.

6 Likes

I think they meant previous trusted traders. - regardless…

This is how things can start to get more complicated and risky by adding a middleman regardless of trust status. Also considering that staff members cannot always be here and if everyone starts doing this, you see how that can get more friction pretty fast

It also is not our responsibility as staff to do these kinds of transactions and if anything may be more as a volunteering support.

Up to you if you want to add a 3rd party that’s trustworthy

Like what’s mentioned in this discussion here for future reference

We need a more reliable, self sustaining system of operations. Hence starting with something like this thread and this discussion Trust Levels for Traders

3 Likes

Agree, was only suggesting besides the onus is with the person who wants to prove his/her trustworthiness, asking 3 NFTs first and audios and only after that s/he will send NFT will need that person to bring a person who can vouch for him/her else it is easier to be safe than sorry.

If the person turns out to be scamster then the person brought as arbiter is a potential scamster as well.

1 Like

thank you so much, I am reading it now!

1 Like

If anyone asks for telegram or whatsapp during trade or any such talks, immediately add them to list of suspicious people. They are likely going to ask to send audios or do something nefarious of that nature through the outside chats. That doesn’t 100% confirm that they will and sure it could be innocent but a good percentage of the time, it’s to do something shady. So I am just letting the forum know now, that asking to speak outside the forum during financial talks, brands you as a suspicious user.

Or even if you are a new user and jsut asking to talk privately in whatsapp or telegram.

15 Likes

:upside_down_face:

11 Likes

“think of me too when you lucid dream” :face_vomiting:

12 Likes

@anon24540511 is 100% a scammer.

Please be cautious about new users.

They seem to be using uploaded audios/NFTs as bait. But they don’t actually have a wallet to transfer the NFTs so that’s when things go sideways for them.

He posted screenshots of his “audios” which perfectly match the illegally uploaded audios from a certain youtube channel (they’re named in a specific way) as his “proof” of ownership.

Don’t waste your time.

8 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback for Scam / Counterfeit Reports Thread

:laughing:

yes, it is better not to waste time answering random users whose questions are not logical and instantly questionable

as recommended - a link to informative resources will be given

6 Likes

yes and i just checked… project mental health isnt there yet. What a “coincidence”!

4 Likes