Self Reflection Thread

Reminds me of Vilgax from Ben 10!

1 Like

I guess it’s time to make a “I am Iron Man” moment…

3 Likes

Random number ? I wish. No they want my real ID or banking card. No cheating on this one.

Édit: in the meantime I’ll use someone else’s ID.

5 Likes

This guy haha

Actually it also looks a bit like Davy Jones!

3 Likes

But I am Iron Man literally :joy:

3 Likes

Looking to buy one of those headband headphone thingies. Saw an ad pop up for one called ‘mindband’. Imagine the usefulness of being able to get the Tree Experience or sleeping to Aura Cleanse all night, directly next to your ears, and using it as a blindfold too.

I’m not an advertiser, but… good idea.

6 Likes

Ah, where to begin?

I’m feeling different. Not empty, I am just really at peace with how everything is, even if I still want some things to change. I already feel so different from when this year started.

I usually sleep in on weekends. And I’d feel shame for needing to sleep so much because I was always so tired and/or sore or feeling some pain my body. Nowadays, I just don’t feel the need to sleep the whole day anymore. My naps are 15, 20 minutes tops instead of the whole afternoon. Hence, I’m more productive.

On relationship matters, Valentine’s Day is coming soon and I am not dreading it at all. Lol. A close male friend reached out to me recently and I started to think about possibilities again. I like all the attention I got from him, but I don’t want to string him along if I’m not interested in him as anything more than friends.

The most interesting for me now is working on myself instead of fawning over someone. :grin:

15 Likes

Awh yes my friend!

I’m learning this too!!

I had such a great time with my crush yesterday that today i don’t feel lacking in the romance department.

Whenever thoughts and memories of our time together come up i don’t try to make it stay longer than its stay.

I remind myself “oh yeah that was fun, now back to the present moment”.

11 Likes

After lunch, I excused myself from my companions and went for a walk. Since the lunch was a bit on the heavy side, I should move around to feel lighter.

I intended for this to be a short one, but I lost track of the time. Good thing something reminded me not to go all in or there will be some complications.

It felt nice. Given the current state of things, there’s not a lot for me to do within such short notice. I miss going to the movies though, and while at it, theme parks; I’ve always like those.
Roller coasters… not so much.

9 Likes

I love what you, LunaMoon and MonkeyOwl wrote in the attraction thread. :heart:

I’ve experienced having to change myself in a relationship to please the other, so I’m not doing that anymore. I’d rather change to be a better person, not because I want someone to like me more or to be accepted. I’m not everyone’s cup of tea and I’m fine with that.

9 Likes

Went to the mall yesterday.
They usually have radio playing and there was this ad.
“Don’t make food when your not happy, because then food will not make out and not taste good.”
Felt good listening to this ad, more like unexpected.

8 Likes

thank you for the sweet reminder my friend!

i do believe that being true to myself is what attracts my guy.

i am very honest and upfront with our communication and he does the same.

there are times when thoughts like “he will like me better if i do this” come up which is an opportunity to let go of those concepts and remind myself that i improve for my own growth and not for others.

6 Likes

i too went to the mall yesterday!

i haven’t gone in one for more than a year and was happy to feel a sense of nostalgia.

also on the food topic, yeah i totally agree. i always come back to places where the food tastes good and now i know it’s because the chefs put their love into it.

nothing beats cooking with friends and family though!

8 Likes

2 weeks ago I was on the road with a friend and he asked me if I want smoke weed Ive said “let me consider this ma homie” I asked my higher self for a sign because deep inside I wanted take a break from smokin ganja but its very boring because of the lockdown and I smoked a lot of weed the last months.
After 5 minutes I saw a license plate with the numbers 999 nine nine nine=(sounds like) nein nein nein in german (no no no) . So Ive decided not to smoke and went home afterwards. Im 2 or 3 weeks sober now and today I was outside with the same friend he asked me again if I want some weed but I said right at the beginning that I dont smoke right now anymore and some minutes later I saw again on a license plate the numbers 999 and few hours again.
Of curiosity I googled what does the meaning is behind this number and google said:

" If you’re seeing number 999 quite often, the spiritual meaning of 999 is commonly related to the end of a cycle in your life. It is a means of closure to clear away unfulfilling things so that you can prepare for a whole new cycle. … Focus your energy on progressing to the next cycle of your life."

Im happy I dont have to say/write more haha :palms_up_together:

You all, stay strong and of course aware :muscle:

Edit: BPIL tag is always on ma side

16 Likes

Today I had a bit of a conflict where… i could remain calm and did not let myself dragged into the drama or answer back in the same tone as the other person used.
I also don’t feel as shitty now as I would have before. The innate feeling of “oh no, i did something wrong” is something I have felt during/after conflicts since I was a child.
So I am pleasantly surprised, but all the drama does bother me, especially since it is very close to home.

At the same time… it is a great opportunity to do some emotional release and make this little pang go away for good.

18 Likes

Thats a big step and requires much overcoming.
You made well :ok_hand:

13 Likes

I have soul core restoration because sometimes I feel drained as well. Having such a strong frame and presence of mind is a gift. Good job :muscle:

11 Likes

Thanks too for the reminder, friend! You are most welcome! :smile:

I continually make peace with people in my life being as they are. What frustrates me most is me doing all these things for self-improvement and I see family and friends running around doing the same thing, having the same reactions, etc. They ask me for medical advice (nurse but not practicing anymore) and when I suggest one of Sapien’s audio, they could not even be bothered to spend a few minutes of their day to play or listen to it. But when I tell them go buy this medicine and take it for x times a day, they go do it immediately. Sighs

I understand everyone is on their own path, their own journey. And when the student is ready, the teacher appears. Perhaps I’m not the right teacher for them at this moment…

Same goes for lovers. If you could just change this one thing… nah. He accepts me for all that I am, I try to do the same even if it gets difficult sometimes. It all comes back to me, right?

:100:
And that is why I don’t like to cook in a bad mood. If I’m going to cook for others especially I take some time to relax before I get to work. Then again, it’s not much work when I put my heart into it.

15 Likes

I fully understand, it seems to relate to beings from other planets, because with everything that happened in 2021, there does not seem to have been any change in their lives, but this will produce a bifurcation, what a famous teacher of mine in my country calls as Speciation . This is a similar situation to many people in here.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply. That was very insightful.

I understand. Many people’s lives have been changed, maybe not in the way they wanted it to. I realized I was experiencing grief and loss of the previous way of life when the lockdown last year started. Maybe that’s why I got into spirituality again.

4 Likes