The Test of Tetrachromacy

Tetrachromacy is a condition where a person has four cone types in their retina, rather than the standard three that most people have.

It normally occurs as a result of a genetic mutation and is thought to be only possible in women. Tetrachromacy is associated with a higher definition than usual and the ability to perceive not only enhanced contrasts but also colours that may have been invisible in certain situations.

Here, the RNA instructions necessary to produce the mutated cone have been recreated, giving you access to tetrachromacy’s visual benefits.

54 Likes

Reserved

I have experimented with this for over 2 weeks with good results. I might share my experience and some more informations

14 Likes

Oo so you see the UV colours like birds do now?

What ??
No, I didn’t say that.

You’ll pick up on more variations of the regular colors including some that you wouldn’t have been sensitive enough to pick up on.

the current estimate is 100x more colors as it stretches the normal range. So 100,000,000 colors instead of the normal 1,000,000 colors.

This is not about imagining random colors, they have to be present in your environment of course…

You can expect a higher definition and more fluid contrasts in general.

Feel free to google tetrachromacy

11 Likes

Did I read wrong

4 Likes

Tetrachromacy means 4 cone in the retina.

The UV light example was from a goldfish who also had 4 cones, hence it is tetrachromatic but this extra cones captures UV light. The example for human tetrchromacy is lower in the article.

The condition refers to the number of cones, not the type, in humans, tetrachromacy is different.

This is a mutation of an existing gene and its prevalent only in women because it’s on the X chromosome and it requires the normal gene and the mutated genes to get 2 different type of middle wavelenght photopigment. This increases the sensitivity and multiplies the combinations. Leading to more differentiations and higher definition.

That Goldfish has a normally functioning gene specifically for UV.

The conventional pathway for tetrachromacy didn’t work, Captain found another way.

8 Likes

lol I wonder if the picture for the field changes before and after the field. Lol

How u view the picture ofcourse

5 Likes

Mabye it’s why the field is called

The test

:exploding_head:

6 Likes

Hmm

Know what, that’s probably it

:thinking:

5 Likes

That’s a neat idea :+1: I like all things that can expand perceptual abilities

3 Likes

Yup, me too :slight_smile:

Plus it has many benefits and the world gets that HD surrealist look. The same way a bad eyesight leads to brain fog, I found that this HD vision also helps my thinking.

The world becomes prettier too

10 Likes

wait, It does? damn

seems like what ever issue always get turned into a big one, why is the body like this. lol

2 Likes

Your strength also reach further than they seems and all these perception, interpretation and understanding fields really compound on top of each other.

Combining brain fields leads to results beyond the mere sum of their parts.

6 Likes

Maybe next on the menu will be a test of supertaster genetics

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3183330/

6 Likes

Now THIS I would absolutely love too!

Good food turns into great food

Bad food turns into poopy food

Worth it though, just eat good and great food and you’ll have a blast! Just watch the weight scales lol

7 Likes

Permenant results?

1 Like

Ahh awesome, this one time when @Dr_Manhattan gives the scientific background of his creation.

This is crucial to get the feedback/experience of this creative creation.

I wonder if this would improve the peripheral vision, like wider observation of the world around. It isn’t mentioned explicitly - just my assumption.

Thanks for bringing such amazing experiences :pray:

3 Likes

While my brain refuses to bother knowing about the term difference I do know that screens are unlikely to be able to display whatever that is for tetrachromacy

Q: Is there an online test that I can do?
A: Unfortunately, computer screens do not provide enough colour information to be able to ‘tap into’ the extra dimension that tetrachromats may possess. It is therefore impossible for an online test to investigate tetrachromacy.

no
sir
You do not have the gene
when the extra information is stopped being produces the body will see as normal.

no sorry

I back engineered it from the original subject.
Its not really caused by the description above, hence the back engineering from the original.
So RNA produces the specific cones and the eye and brain adapts.

23 Likes

A long time ago I remember playing with this a bit.

Where you can see colours is usually nature, and sunrises and sunsets.
But tree leaves and flowers with get bits of more hues and colours, like there may be more shades and blends.
Even more details appear to be seen. hence a sort of HD effect.
Sometimes there are pale shades of green in the sky before storms.

24 Likes