Using a Friends Paypal for purchase

Hallo everybody,
forgive me if it was answered before, searched the forum the last days but found no specific answer to this.

I am new to NFTs in total.
Have no Credit Card rn and Paypal makes only problems for me for the last months.
Since a few days they limited most of my possible actions with it and I am tired of em rn. To much of a headache.

I made a wallet on venly. My questions is now: May I buy NFTs on TheSoundWeave/TheSapienShop, using my venly mail in the contact information while paying through the paypal account of a friend of mine? Would it still show up in my venly wallet/ be linked to me/my mail or would it be attached to the mail of his paypal account? Are there any other potential issues?

Very frustrated rn, Paypal didn´t let me suscribe to Sapien on Patreon and It will take some time for me to get a credit card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

I don’t have an answer for u, but in terms of security if ur friend is not Somone trusted they could file fraud action on their PayPal and that will cause issues with ur venly account.

So be careful with that

2 Likes

NFTs on TheSoundWeave/TheSapienShop use Solana network wallets not the Matic wallets on Venly.

Also you need to claim NFTs through the e-mail used for purchase by either linking your wallet to transfer to it or manually sending the NFT to your wallet address while claiming. It doesn’t automatically arrive in your wallet when purchasing thesapienshop or thesoundweave NFTs, there is a separate NFT claiming e-mail that gets sent out.

5 Likes

@Dyslexic_Professor, he is trusted but thanks I didn´t thought about that.
@milaber
Okay, from what I´ve red I have to create/download a phantom wallet, connect it to my bank, buy the necessary exchange sum in SOL and then buy the NFT using my phantom wallets email-adress, then I receive the email with the link to claim the NFT. did I get that right?

2 Likes

You don’t need SOL to claim NFTs to your wallet, only when you transfer NFTs from your wallet to other wallets. There are multiple Solana wallets to choose from besides Phantom if you want.

You can just purchase SOL and send it to your Solana wallet as I did with ftx or any other cryptocurrency exchange platform. You’ll need SOL for transferring NFTs if you sell or trade an NFT later.

You receive the NFT claim e-mail at your e-mail used for purchase but can choose the manual option and paste a Solana wallet address to send to instead of linking your wallet if you want to, I did that once.

4 Likes

Okay, so I dont actually need to buy SOL for getting the NFT into my Wallet.
Means I still have to buy the NFT either via paypal or a creditcard and use my Solana Wallets email-adress while doing so. Then I receive The Email with the link to claim it, after doing so it appears in my wallet? (at this point I don´t want to trade them, just use em for myself)

1 Like

Your Solana wallet is not linked to your e-mail like Venly wallets with NFTs purchased from Teespring.

From the purchase e-mail you can claim and then link it to your choice of multiple Solana wallets, you could have multiple ones if you want. Linking your wallet to claim and transfer to happens individually for each claim.

You don’t have to link to your own. You can directly send it to a wallet you set up for a family member or friend by choosing to claim manually and pasting their Solana wallet address. Just make sure you have the correct address before sending.

3 Likes

Okay, I finally got it. Thank you very much Milamber!

1 Like

I bought it this way myself. the main thing is to specify your e-mail when paying. a letter will be sent to your e-mail with further actions on nft

1 Like

I was also screwed by PayPal and I don’t use any PayPal account now. Unfortunately PayPal is the only payment gateway on the Sapien Shop and Sound Weave sites.

I tried to make a purchase without login to PayPal last week, and it succeeded. I think if you have a debit card that is not linked to your prior PayPal account, then it should work for the moment. Debit cards are much easier to get than credit cards. But I truly hope that there will be alternative payment gateways on these websites.

3 Likes

Nope,
you can pay with your Credit card on both Sites, not only PayPal

here is an attempt to pay via bank card

1 Like

Ah, OK… maybe it’s not the same for all countries.

From Europe I used the Credit Card and it works.

The dlocal service is not global and it surcharges a lot in latin america and asia…