What TV shows are youwatching?

Yes! I learned a lot too. They can certainly expand, there’s so much material.

The Sengoku Jidai period, is very fascinating, isn’t it? Lots of interesting personalities, intrigues and politics. I was glued to my seat, I’d have finished it in one go if my phone didn’t keep buzzing.

Spolier alert

I know of the titans like Nobunaga, Masamune, Ieyasu etc but this documentary briefly focused the spotlight on Hideyoshi, and I’m inspired. I admire people like that in history, the real movers and shakers, people who started from nothing and became everything.

You know what else would great? If Netflix did a documentary like this but about the Three Kingdoms Period in China. Hmm… so much pizza… :relieved:

1 Like

Very fascinating indeed!

Admittedly, I didn’t know that much, just bits and pieces here and there. And mostly only about Tokugawa Ieyasu. I thought all along he was actually the one to unify all of Japan. gasp! Not really…

I’ve watched mostly anime and some live action films, so of course they weren’t historically accurate. :sweat_smile: I checked Wikipedia every now and then to verify facts on the show. And everything checks out.

And I also agree with the spotlight on Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Such a shame his lineage ended.

They totally should!

1 Like

Age of the Samurai Spoilers

No me too, I was so focused with Ieyasu, and when he appeared in the show, I felt like I already knew what’s going to happen. Then to my surprise, he didn’t play such a central role in the beginning afterall.

Another tidbit; I didn’t know Nobunaga lived so long, thought he just sparked the powder keg and died soon after, turns out he’s been at it, for what… 20 years?

Masamune and Ieyasu, best buds. I mean the show was a suprise after a surprise. That’s why I liked it, I learned a lot of new stuff.

Another one that fascinated me, It’s a little grim, and this is purely a philosophical curiosity, but what goes through the mind of… well… a defeated or a dishonored warrior that can commit seppuku, just like that, not to mention the terribly painful method they did it.

That is some mindset. Not glorifying it at all, but the mental process to reach that decision? … and almost systemic and institutionalized…? That’s really something.

Oh? Well this is great, I was going to check too, but now we really know what’s up… :muscle: :smile:

But you know, I liked the part when Ieyasu didn’t eliminate Hideyoshi’s son. I was kind of expecting him to be more ruthless, and it’s pleasing to learn he didn’t. It bit him down the line, which was fine and fair, they would eventually battle it out, but it’s nice he didn’t resort to such a dishonorable act, his character has been my favorite in this period. and now, Hideyoshi is up there. Very underrated.

You know it :100:

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh haven’t seen this one…
From the same people who did this:

2 Likes

Endless was a cool movie, way better than Synchronic…

2 Likes

Haha, ok! Yes I think the Endless was good too, can be tricky with that kind of plot…:smile:

2 Likes

Has anyone seen Raised By Wolves?
What do you think of it?

I just watched this movie… interesting, got a bit annoyed at times :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any one has seen it?

3 Likes

One of the favorite oness!
Have you seen the theory about new release of constantine new movie and Jhon wick 4?

6 Likes

NOOOO! What is that about?

3 Likes

:smirk:

short words lol : I saw on reddit or something ; that its suposse to be same “universe” and 4th one gonna explain how it merges :scream:

3 Likes

It really is something. I’ve been thinking about it and I thought they showed seppuku way too many times. But I guess that really is to emphasize how much honor means to the Japanese even before.

Of course, it’s not commonplace in their modern society anymore. But there are still echoes of it, like how “saving face” is of utmost importance. Then there’s the hikikomori who choose to isolate themselves from the world for various reasons.

I was expecting him to actually do it. So yeah, it’s good to know he didn’t.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi is very underrated indeed. :+1:t3:

:scream:

1 Like

Ohhh
I’ve read the three books
They made the first into a movie now?

Constantine? of course.
I even really love Keanu’s version even though the character wasnt as true to the comics etc.
Thought it was great.
Didnt they cancel the bbc one?

7 Likes

Sadly :frowning:

I LOVED the movie and liked the TV series… and they cancelled the bbc one :frowning:

There have been some animated DC movies, I haven’t seen any of them…

3 Likes

lol,
there are different backstories depending on what they retconned etc.
The original John started as a descendant from a line of magicians ‘the laughing magicians’
and killed his twin brother in the womb, his brother was supposed to be a chosen ‘golden’ one
but john sorta conned his way into that.
but i think now they remade that to give him a more sympathetic start.

(I mean from DC etc, not just a random John fun fact )

8 Likes

Is anyone watching Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League?

I’ve seen the original movie, not really sure what this “cut” is all about…

2 Likes

The theatrical version was finished by Joss Whedon instead of Snyder, and we basically watched only half of the story.

The Snyder Cut is the complete version and I advice you to watch it

4 Likes

Ive heard from many ppl that it’s great in terms of story, characters, humour, while the other version is mediocre at best. Haven’t seen either but planning to watch the snyder cut

4 Likes