What TV shows are youwatching?

3 Likes

Watched it the other day, haven’t played the game though. The movie inspired me to study japanese :smile:

Pretty interesting documentary

2 Likes

Friends Reunion :scream: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Lol so much drama in this one :joy::joy::joy:
Its borderline soap opera but I tend to watch shows in Spanish when they’re not soapy for the language

2 Likes

It’s not a Netflix one but I just remembered I should go back to Billions, I really love that show and forgot about the last season.

The story is great and very life-like, the characters are very well written and played by great actors (I don’t work at a hedge fund but close enough and I go “lol” a lot as I recognise patterns).
And as a bonus the female characters are just as interesting, well-written and we’ll portrayed as the male ones!

Especially Wendy the entire story is that her husband is an attorney trying to bring down her boss she is very close to (hedge fund owner). He wants her to quit at one point, and she goes, also in the trailer,
“So we are teaching the kids that daddy’s job is more important than mommy’s? Quit YOUR funcking job!”
Lol
You can really tell she has worked in a trading environment for a while :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Oh my :scream: this is going to be good

Infinite

3 Likes

The second season is on now!!

4 Likes

Don’t know if this has been mentioned before, couldn’t find in the search.

My SO and I have started this Netflix series, Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories.

Patrons of an otherwise mundane Japanese diner find simple yet profound connections with one another based on the shared love of a particular dish. Starting at midnight, the Master serves custom-made dishes with a side of solace to his patrons, who bring both their appetites and a story to tell. This series is based on the popular manga “Shinya Shokudo,” which won the 55th Shogakukan Manga Award.

It’s like Tampopo if anyone’s seen that, but short enough to be digestible for an evening of light watching.

2 Likes

Love this one…There are two other fun Asian food shows - Kantaro the Sweet Tooth Salesman and Samurai Gourmet…funny shows :slight_smile:

I lived in Tokyo for a year plus and was miserable. The sweets kept me alive haha…

3 Likes

strong recommend you guys watch

The The Platform has a strong msg about greed

1 Like

Those two you mentioned sound perfect! I’ll queue them up. Thank you! :blush: I’m sorry to hear about your stay there. Bill Murray moment? Dislocation is the story of my life.

Mmmm sugar, so good but so bad for me. I wish I had better coping mechanisms, but in the meantime there’s the Glycolysis field.:cake::grin:

2 Likes

https://www.raiplay.it/programmi/sapiensunsolopianeta :smile:

Has anyone watched Jupiter’s Legacy on Netflix yet?

1 Like

It was not bad, but in that genre, I preferred The Boys (Amazon Prime) a lot more…

1 Like

I forgot about The Boys! I watched a few episodes of S1 over a year ago but then lost interest.

I’ve just started ep1 of Jupiter’s Legacy. Looks interesting so far. Dunno about Josh Duhamel’s acting and his weird long hair. He might be in need of Dream’s Legendary Hair Serum. :joy:

2 Likes

New season… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I loved that show. (Jupiter, sorry Maoshan)

Wonder how ‘The Boys’ is though. Have to watch it next since it’s all that’s left. Oh no.

2 Likes

“Keeping Up With Dreamweaver”

Can’t imagine my life without this show especially under this lockdown.

3 Likes