What TV shows are youwatching?

Hmm since couldn’t find any good movie to watch yesterday. I searched of one of movies i watched in my teenage.

The Mothman Prophecies.

This movie is based on actual events that occurred between November 1966 and December 1967 in Point Pleasant, West Virginia.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie guys,
Squid Game is literally one of the best shows that I’ve ever seen. It’s story is so good and there are so many insane plot twists, that I was stunned speechless multiple times. I’d highly recommend this master piece to all of you guys, you will be in for a treat!

Summary

Here is a spoiler scene that you might enjoy
World's Deadliest Game to Play were People Die || Squid Game Red Light Green Light - YouTube

5 Likes

I’m hearing good things but already watched trailer and it feels a little too dark? subversive?
Any spiritually redeeming qualities? A message to wake up the masses?

7 Likes

It’s more of a psychopathic terror fest.
I wouldn’t say it has any “spritually redeeming” qualities.

It’s one of those extremely dark shows that depicts human nature and desperation.
Imagine it like Hunger Games but wayyyy more terrifying.

Like the first episode already has mass slaughter in it, and I didn’t know what to make of it.

Watch this to get an idea. (It’s a spoiler):

4 Likes

lol yeah…that’s what I thought.
First look, I got the impressions of the anime Paranoia Agent

I can do dark anime… don’t think I’d be able to stomach this one.

Maybe some other day.

3 Likes

I’ve watched anime before, even so called “dark ones”, but Squid Game is literally on a whole nother level…

Imagine you and everyone else on the forum went on to play a game. You need to have a partner to play it, so you and Captain Nemo decide to team up. Then, it turns out you have to play against the Captain in order to survive, so it’s only one of you guys who will finish the game alive…

Yea weird analogy lol

2 Likes
Not Safe For Work

https://imgur.com/MHuW96t.gif?noredirect

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

Exactly man. You’d never want to be in this show, it’s too damn terrifying.

2 Likes

You know the “aliens” are just Giant Fleas. It took me a while to realize this

6 Likes

Speaking of bugs, a few days ago I stumbled upon this movie trailer

Basically another wacky Japanese movie with supercockroache mutants who evolved on mars
Sounds so ridiculous, it’ll probably be good

4 Likes

For the one who’s reading this, Yes you. :relaxed:

Please take an hour of your time and watch this eye-opening Movie documentary… I won’t spoil it as it contains so many hidden gems, the question is… Are you ready to face and understand the society we live in?

Available for free till 10th October brought to you by https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/

The Wisdom of Trauma

“Trauma is not what happens to you. Trauma is what happens inside you, as a result of what happens to you”

-Gabor Mate

3 Likes

lovely moooovies

4 Likes

Basically Squid Games is like Hunger Games South Korean version with capitalism & social inequality added into the mix.
South Korea has been churning our good content in recent times.
Bong Joon Ho’s Parasite movie (so goood) launched them into global limelight which they really deserve. His other movie Snowpiercer was pretty acclaimed too. All the three movies highlight social problems.

1 Like

Who’s been watching Ted Lasso? Just watched season 2 finale. So goood!

Spoiler

Nate!? :astonished: Saw breadcrumbs of this bubbling in earlier episodes. I’m loving the twist and can’t wait to see where this goes.

1 Like

@Starlight

Spoiler Response

Evil Nate! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
lol, saw the underlying resentment but thought there be the redemptive arc everyone else has.
So that was a fun twist.
Perhaps at the end of the last season (said they were only doing 3)

1 Like

“It means fasten your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye.”

1+2+2+2+2+1 = 10 = 1+0 = The One

5 Likes

@_OM

Response to Spoiler Response

This is a great twist because it’s playing with the ‘nice guy’ myth, I feel. Both with Nate and Ted.

1 Like

Just re-watched ROME on HBO. What I like most about the series is its commitment to its premise: Rome was different. There’s no out of place character standing up for 21st Century values. The writers make no apologies. This is not the Sopranos where bad men come to understand their own lack of character. Good and bad are not the opposite poles of this series. Instead, the contrasts are between slave and free, honorable and dishonorable, strong and weak, smarter and just smart (but not enough), and friend and anyone who falls short of that mark.

4 Likes

That show is totally awesome. Already watched it 2 times :star_struck:

Finished Chernobyl. If all you knew about Russia/USSR pre-collapse came from Tom Clancy novels, you would think a soulless and venal bureaucracy (with just enough exceptions to make a plot move forward) worked to crush ordinary Russians and the other populations of the “near abroad”. Turns out that’s exactly right, but it undersells it. The exceptional bureaucrats did not outmaneuver other power brokers through trickery, but through the courage that comes from accepting the certainty of death. Virtually every hero of Chernobyl has that quality and every villain lacks it. When your faith in humanity occasionally ebbs, watching this series could set you right.

2 Likes