What TV shows are youwatching?

Almost finished first season of:

also on season 1 of:

1 Like

The religious aspect of midnight mass, made it worse. Which why i didn’t find the serie as thrilling one.

2 Likes

Cute and beautiful new anime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alien invasion but based on people lives.

Saw the new DUNE on HBOMAX. It’s definitely worth a look, even though there’s a lot to complain about in the film, which is not surprising considering that we’re talking about DUNE. The only real suggestion I have is to make sure you watch it–if you watch it at home–is to watch it at night and turn off all the lights. There are some scenes with a lot of black in the background and very faintly lit objects in the foreground.

With this director, I usually like his movies but never want to re-watch them because they are so muted and restrained–one could say flat, and I would be one of those that say that. Nevertheless, the visuals are great and Jason Momoa steals the movie, though actually he just picks it up and walks away with it since the director has everyone else competing to win a least expressive face contest.

3 Likes

Really disliking this style of flimmaking lately. Lots of shows/movies are doing this.
I guess to hide the fighting scenes or lack of training, so the actual actors can do the scene instead of a stunt person. But I’d prefer a well lit scene but I guess that’s asking too much.

Visuals are almost close to Foundation. Very Epic looking.
Those copters! :hushed: :fire: :fire:

Spoiler

Saw the run time and was like… ok, so we’re doing the whole thing then, then probably half way thru lost track as I got absorbed in the movie, then realized, oh they aren’t going to be able to finish this in time… Missed the press that this was only one Part I.

4 Likes

It works in a few scenes to be sure, but my main critique of this director is that his color palette–always the same–conveys depression and world weariness. I don’t have Netflix, but Foundation might be a reason for me to get it. Tell me that they didn’t blow it.

1 Like

Best show in a long time.

Well the original Dune was similar. Probably why they picked him.
Same with the lack of expression in the first movie.

1 Like

Lynch has always been highly resilient to repeat viewings. I don’t watch his Dune because it’s DUNE, but because it’s Lynch.

Foundation was my gateway into sci-fi, so I’ll switch out when they complete the first season and take in Dark at the same time (I saw a couple of episodes and knew that I would return to Netflix one day to finish it.)

4 Likes
Spoilers

Dune Part 2 is almost certainly on the cards, as Warner Bros. teases that the upcoming sequel to Dune is bound to happen.
Ann Sarnoff, WarnerMedia CEO of Studios and Network, hinted to Deadline that, despite not yet being green lit, Dune Part 2 is on its way:

“Will we have a sequel to Dune? If you watch the movie, you see how it ends. I think you pretty much know the answer to that,” she said.

This might bring some light about… Why the dark scenes or in some scenes
'Dune' Director Denis Villeneuve Breaks Down the Gom Jabbar Scene | Vanity Fair - YouTube

Another masterpiece from Hans Zimmer, Dune Soundtrack
Dune Official Soundtrack | Paul's Dream / Ripples in the Sand 1 Hour Loop – Hans Zimmer | WaterTower - YouTube

Was super cool to get a glimpse of seeing one of Fremen riding the sandworm at the end of the movie :rocket:

3 Likes

Finished Midnight Mass!

Really awesome show and I loved it!

1 Like

I’m watching Gakuen Babysitters

Tooth rotting fluff :sparkling_heart:

Watched Eternals today

Not A Summary

I can’t watch superhero movies anymore :sob:
I use to LOVE watching them but I just don’t resonate with them anymore
They seem absolute shit to me now

6 Likes

have you tried Invincible and The Boys?

they’re in the superhero genre, but with different approach to plot and characters.

this was such a fun and surprising find. i finished both seasons and want more.

i like star trek, but this is more fun for me because it has humour!

1 Like

I had watched The Boys few months ago. I liked it back then but not sure if I’d like it now.

Great movie guys. Must watch 10/10

1 Like

Assassination Classroom anyone? It’s hilarious. :joy: :gift_heart:

2 Likes

I’ve watched Dune and found it quite amazing actually, though i haven’t read the books.

I’ve also watched Foundation but it somehow eludes me. Perhaps the story is too vast? I don’t know. I mean i enjoy those cool technologies like the jump drive, but i can’t quite immerse myself into the story. Haven’t read the books either so that might be the reason.

Also I’ve been binging House MD recently. Too funny, really amazing

4 Likes

i watched The Celestine Prophecy which was based on the book:

Spoilers

it was a refreshing reminder of what life could be like when giving and receiving are in balance.

also i laughed a lot because it just felt cringy to me, but i bet i would have been a bit awe-struck if it was my first introduction to spirituality.

1 Like

Both nice movies.
Haha i remember that scene him reading the secret

1 Like