Where are you from?

Arona, Province of Novara, Lake Maggiore, Piedmont
about 15 Km or 9 miles from where I live, there is the Colossus of San Carlo Borromeo that inspired the French Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi for his project of the Statue of Liberty in New York, and for about two centuries it was the tallest statue in the world.

New York friends can check this by going to the Statue of Liberty, where at the base there is a plaque that remembers who the builders were inspired by.

10 Likes

Ciao!!! Da quale regione sei? Io vengo da Toscana, Prato/ Firenze.

3 Likes

Piemonte, precisamente nella zona della statua del S. Carlone, cioé Arona-Novara.

3 Likes

Non credo di aver sentito di sto posto. Comunque piacere di conoscerti!!!:blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

Anche a me, guarda wikipedia

3 Likes

Mi pari una persona molto eccitante di storia.

4 Likes

Non molto, solo un pò curioso

5 Likes

Per me, la scultura greca e romana è la più interessante, dato che è così super realistico. Per di più ognuno di questo tiene un significato sofisticato collegato con leggende dei dei. Aparte tutto questo, sono una amante di mitologia greca e romana.

6 Likes

Boca Raton, FL here

10 Likes

Dear Sam sir,

Tell to your team and frequencies developers.

To please make one for scleroderma.

Please sir
Help me

4 Likes

I use to think I was from Planet Earth but not so sure anymore…:thinking:

Haha jokes aside, im from Germany and live in Sweden.

Nice to meet you all!

22 Likes

I’m from Vancouver, Canada and still live here. It’s beautiful here but rains too much lol…

14 Likes

North of Norway :snowflake::ocean::sunny:

24 Likes

Uh wow! Must be pretty cold there now! Do you see the northern lights?

10 Likes

I love learning bits of trivia like this

5 Likes

It’s freezing :grimacing: and dark…just holding on and waiting for lighter days. Yep I see it all the time :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Are you referring to the photograph of the statue?

4 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

The specific feature of the statue, which in effect is defined as the colossus of San Carlo, is that it can be visited from the inside, now limited to the back; when I was a child it could be visited up to the head area, in fact I remember looking at the surrounding landscape from one of the nostrils. For those who have never seen it, it is a very exciting experience, even if only from a distance. Just recently I read in some newspapers that they want to promote the knowledge of this statue at an international level, on the other hand even here in the area, not everyone knows that it was taken as a reference for the construction of the Statue of Liberty, as mentioned on the plaque placed at the foot of the Statue of New York.

4 Likes

Hey Sammy. Nice meeting you. I’m from Indonesia :D

14 Likes