Disputes Thread

For any projects you don’t feel like making, you can just tell the groups their proposal was rejected. Just say “no.” You don’t have to give any reasons at all if you don’t want to. You don’t owe anyone any explanation whatsoever, especially considering it drags the process out longer, and adds more work for you. If you don’t feel like making a project, that’s reason enough.

Considering the number of field proposals and community groups there are, we can’t expect every one of these projects to get made. Of course, if you see potential for an imperfect proposal that interests you, you can give advice on proposal revisions, but I don’t think you should force yourself to further involve yourself in any projects that you don’t genuinely like.

8 Likes

But isn’t that what happened just a little while ago with the decision to stop doing community projects? I mean, wasn’t that (and forgive me for putting words in the Cap’n’s mouth here) a sort of all-inclusive “no, I don’t feel like making these sorts of projects anymore.” Aren’t we right here witnessing how it’s not as simple a solution as you’re proposing?

I have to say that I’m fascinated by how this thread’s evolved and I thank you all for stimulating me to think about so many different things.

2 Likes

Not exactly… he left the window open for some projects to get made before closing, which created a bit of confusion in the private groups, from what I saw. It was not an all inclusive no.

From what I’ve read so far it seems Cap is legitimately interested in some projects, and some… not so much, if at all. But feels hesitation about just telling those groups no, while giving other groups the okay. I’m saying if he feels like telling some particular groups no, without further explanation, it’s cool. He doesn’t have to feel obligated to draw out the process. And if wants to axe community projects altogether, that’s fine too.

1 Like

Some thoughts, if I may:

Maybe the Community Projects were too exclusive? Many had 8-10 people at most. This could’ve led to some feeling left out. Less people were expressing their thoughts about new fields. A lot of private groups were formed and they would spend most of their time in the private groups, and less were spending time in the public parts of the forum (I think somebody brought this up a few months ago?).
With so many groups and no one communicating, many similar NFTs were being created.
If the Community Projects had maybe 50-100 copies, it could still be “limited edition” but most people who would be interested would be able to get a copy of that NFT. Less groups are formed since there is less “FOMO” and there would be more participation from the community as a whole, and only truly unique projects would get accepted.

The pushback is obviously for groups who spend a significant amount of time researching and putting the project together, brainstorming, etc. But great artists seek to share their paintings with the world. Great musicians share their music. What is the point of creating something truly amazing but no one can experience it? The music we listen to, we didn’t participate in the creation of those tracks, does that mean we cannot experience it?

Captain himself, SammyG as well, how much work, research, and time have they spent in the creation of all the fields that are available? Most of them provided for free via YouTube. Why should we be any different? Isn’t that what brought this community together in the first place? Sharing and caring for one another? Helping each other in whatever way we can, not necessarily asking for anything in return. Perhaps some of that was lost in the process of these Community Projects…

11 Likes

You’re making good points, I agree with you. The most amount of work or the core work is still what Captain does. The only thing the groups do is decide what they want and how it’s possible. To me (I have been in community projects and also lead one) I don’t see that as really much of an effort, especially since I liked the process and I’m sure others aswell. That exclusivity is really harmful because it brought out greed in many of the people on this forum. Even though I never sold an nft yet, I would include myself to that. People are partially contributing or even fully contributing to the projects that Captain creates, he sells them to you (not talking to anyone specific here) for 250$ and you sell them for 1’250& and make a profit of 1’000$? For that little work you had to do? That’s greedy as hell. This is what this market has become to. I’m very glad @Ugninis proposed that some of his projects are made for the majority so most of the people can benefit from it. But even than, Captain creates the field and you can buy it for 88$. Now you want to sell ut for 600$ and reap the benefits? You can say “hate the game not the player” but I think we can do better than that. That’s why I’d like future projects to be accessible for everyone as the privacy was not the reason for the creation of nfts but the piracy.

9 Likes

this had nothing to do with me
I led no project. Nor choose members
everyone was free to start their own.

20 Likes

I don’t think that’s what he meant. He meant that if the projects would be available to more people there would be less fields that are pretty similar and there wouldn’t be FOMO. He doesn’t like the exclusivity of these projects and I think if we could make them accessible for more people that would be better.

7 Likes

But what happens when the community grows? Then 50-60 will be too small an amount, too.

A captain only steers the ship. That is all. A captain cannot make his crew do or not do; thats on them whether they listen or not.

Similarly while Nemo has led by example, we chose not to follow suit. We placed more emphasis on monetary gains; greed.

Perhaps then the real solution then is calling on is; if all want to, that is. For the “cap” has already done his part.
NFTS are exclusive in nature but of course like you yourself express, group projects are only more so. Why these nft counts are so low, i dont know, but thats where the “we” comes in; people simply see these nfts in different perspectives.t

I express your sentiments on the greed tho btw. Its never sat right with me but when i see how wonderfully its worked out for him i shut up and become very happy again lol. Furthermore who am i to judge really. Its worked out- anyways idk Im proud he has finally the chance to create where nothing can be stolen; moreover it only further depicts how humble he’s (he sells it for 50 while someone else sells it for a successful 19,500)

Anyways

Dream once said something very sweet. It was written publicly of course (which is obvs why i only mention it) and thus, I share;
It was under major bop pre release thread
Someone said something similar
And dream had an elegant response, but mind you this was prior to the
notion of where NFTs were such a large facet of SM
I encourage you to read it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hi everyone, I have a dispute with WellBeing

I do not find him very helpful. he comes off as very rash and un caring about how people can take his comments. I also do not like the fact that he is the first person to butt in all the time.

lets start praising the people on here that are sensitive to those around them, and not solely on here sitting around the computer all day spewing out their “opinions” without being conscious of how it can be received and take a more helpful approach of treating every person they interact with as a precious human being! WellBeing clearly doesn’t care about the above.

I am going to respond to you here as well.

I’m very open to this in that I’ve had issues with people in the past that would be helpful and talk down on people. I would speak against it if I saw it. I am not seeing that here. I think the post you mentioned can sound a bit condescending but beyond that, I’m not seeing much of what you’re saying.

Now, I don’t think anyone is perfect with their words. I know for a fact many things I have said could be taken the wrong way. Words have double meanings and often we assume people’s intentions depending on how well we know them. As far as many of the people in this forum know, wellbeing means well. If he’s had several condescending sounding posts, he more than makes up for it with apologies and hundreds if not thousands of other polite ones. Heck I know for a fact, I’ve had condesending sounding posts. Nobody is perfect here.

So you’re not doing people favors by trying to stick up for the little man or whatever it is you are trying to do here. If somebody truly has a problem, they come to me. I handle it gracefully. People know I don’t take sides here either. I even gave wellbeings latest posts to see if anything you said had any merit and I can’t say I agree with you at all. So stop with this. You’re not doing anything but disrupting a thread that has nothing to do with your opinion of someone.

10 Likes

And now, let’s be diplomatic. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I am not seeing what many others are seeing and I am open to being proven wrong. If others feel the same way this gentlemen feels, please speak up and state your piece.

5 Likes

nobody is perfect, but why don’t we articulate ourselves with more care rather than spewing out whatever comes to mind all day long. I see him on here commenting on peoples stuff 24/7. the point I’m making is that clearly from the experience he had with the post I mentioned is that if u are going to be commenting on someone’s ask for help 24/7 and sit around the computer all day doing so, you should have a little more awareness in how u can come across and be extra sensitive in doing so.

I typed up a cry for help on here and WellBeing was the FIRST person to say something back (go figure) and I too felt exactly how the guy above felt. attacked, and reprimanded, almost scolded with an opinion as opposed to a more genuine approach. u can clearly see the distinction from my post from him and those who commented after him who offered much more empathy as opposed to overbearing comments of what someone is doing wrong.

I took it to the dispute thread but wanted to reply to your comment here as well as u typed up a pretty lengthy one that I felt deserved a response.

yes I’m sticking up for the little man here, and the next, and next and next little man that comes to this place thinking it is a safe haven just to leave feeling worse than before because of one person. especially one person that is CONSTANTLY posting on here. who knows who may be the next.

if the point you are trying to make is that it’s always going to be the other person’s fault in how they perceive it and that there’s no validity to the point people are making in response to those that they feel bad about how they are talking to them, then this is not the place I thought it was. you can call it senseless, or you can say I’m trying to bring more light to a community of people who so claim they are offering help to one another to just be cautious of how they are interacting with one another and how it may affect them. that is all.

1 Like

I did not know this thread existed, so I do apologize for commenting over there even though I do still feel like it was warranted.

:point_down:

:thinking:

2 Likes

I have no shame in admitting I wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine here, solely just to counteract the experience I saw he had with the other guy, and my own. this is not the same thing.

“I’m not making that.”

“Your ability to use a keyboard should be revoked.”

“Yo momma’s so dumb her crotch goblin submitted this.”

Or just send them a clip of Downfall with Hitler going “nein nein nein nein!”

“Submission… denied.”

16 Likes

No problem. As for your post here, as I said, I might be wrong. I’ve been wrong before. But I’ll let others open up about this if they feel wellbeing has been disrespectful to them as well.

But fair enough about one thing, I have said from the beginning of this forum, the best we can do is be suggestive with our help. Our singular perspectives aren’t the end be all objective truth beyond doubt. Telling other people, ‘this is this way and only this way. Your way is wrong’ can tend to have a negative reaction in others. As it has on you. Many people don’t mind it but others will take offense to being spoken to in a matter of fact way. I don’t like it either.

But from what I’m reading of most of his posts, he isn’t always speaking to people like this. I’ve must have read like 200 posts… I’m not about to read them all unless you can bring about all these examples of him doing this constantly.

Wellbeing isn’t directly attacking anyone in the forum. You did. Directly. If he comes off as condescending while helping someone, he isn’t going after them on a personal level. But you did. That is actually against the rules here. Any personal attacks can result in suspension. And if Wellbeing was doing that, best believe that would be getting flagged like your post did and I’d be having a conversation with him. So no, that is not the taste of his own medicine.

So as I said, I asked the forum if others feel this way. If there are examples of wellbeing talking down on them and making them feel like crap. I’m open. I tried looking but didn’t see it.

1 Like

well I guess you are saying what I think you’d say in the fact that it is my fault for taking his matter of fact approach to his response to me, and the other kids (who we all say him say made him feel bad) and saying that we just have to deal with it. that can not like u said directly attack someone, but indirectly have a very negative effect on them. I’m also not about to dig through thousands of his posts but I have seen him use this method in just about everything he does. u have 2 examples thus far of telling you they don’t like how he does things and talks to people. if this is the star pupil of the community, do u really feel comfortable knowing that there will be others who feel the same way. I barley even spoke about it and my post was a while ago. who knows how many others didn’t speak up. using a matter of fact approach and being stern with people who are in need doesn’t always register well, maybe he can just take something from this and introduce more empathy towards folks.