My thoughts on marijuana usage

so far i’m in the belief that ‘you don’t need marijuana to live a happy life’. i still do it because of the new feeling i get from it. i want to get back to not using marijuana to feel this good. i learned while high that i should exercise more and along with yoga to feel just like i was high.

marijuana lets me relax and feel what it is like to enjoy being in the present moment because before it i lived in constant anxiety just getting to the next moment in life.

i feel like i’ve grown older and learned better socialization skills to not need marijuana.

i definitely feel half and half about whether i should continue using marijuana. i want to slowly and gradually ease my off of needing to ever take it because i feel better when i’m sober.

i want to control how i feel at all times when i’m sober. i want the on and off switches to be available to me and choose when to let life have its way with me.

i feel vulnerable sharing this because i know the majority of those who currently speak are against using marijuana.

i wish this thread grows healthy and loving discussions. i don’t say these things because i want to be attacked, but i want to be understood and empathized with so i don’t feel ostracized which blocks me from changing to be healthier and kinder.

Update April 2022:

If marijuana helps you be a better version of yourself, go for it!

If the absence of marijuana helps you be a better version of yourself, go for it!

Marijuana users and non-marijuana users can co-exist peacefully.

27 Likes

thanks for sharing your story, we can often (at least i do) start abusing ourselves with how a ‘spiritual’ person should be, and our egos don’t want to think that we still can (and) have ‘faults’ in our spiritual life

i.e. although raw veganism is beneficial it doesn’t enlighten you in and of itself

i find that as my path unfolds i keep dropping habits, developing new ones, same with people etc, none of it has to be forced

just because there are many more advanced people here or out there it doesn’t mean i’m ready to follow some of their steps at every given moment
growth happens at one’s own pace

10 Likes

I don’t like the high of marijuana, that’s the only reason I’m “against” it for myself lol
I Do like the high of some other stuff that’s worse for you so there I just keep that in mind and resist :sweat_smile:

And as a wise old man (maybe reading this :D) told me before, being high is the (temporary) abscense of negative emotions, which can be achieved also with spiritual practice :)

17 Likes

Just dont overdo it like me sometimes x)
and everything is oright
When I smoke one after a long break I get some inner insights but when I smoke to much it just stop me from developing

8 Likes

@Dr_Manhattan
Has some friends who smoke all day and eat fruits :stuck_out_tongue:

very happy in life I heard

27 Likes

My only complaint with marijuana is that in some way it’s a form of escapism and although it can help with some mental issues, it slows down your real world progress that might otherwise make the need for weed obsolete.

The reason why you’re smoking matters. Is it a way for you to meditate ?
I used to smoke weed everyday, go to class high and even go to my grandma’s high for family dinner. Looking back, it was pathetic. I stopped reading books, I stopped playing music, I stopped working out. I was late everywhere and worrying about my weed inventories, the thought of having to spend time sober, walking in public or driving high added more stress in my life.

I stopped when I discovered sapien med, because now I could improve my life instead of relying on escapism. The “hope of brighter days” really motivated me to stop.

Though, I still have this idea that when I’m rich and retire at a young age, I’ll smoke a little to close the loop. The transformation is complete. Lol, whatever BS I tell myself to smoke again, I don’t think I will.
Last time I smoked, I was visiting a customer, I was on the job, all professional, well dressed and everything. The customer was smoking, I caught him off guard gardening his weed plants. It didn’t take long before I was shoeless smoking weed and playing DJ hero and Guitar hero with him. 10 AM, I’m supposed to be mature. I didn’t do the job, I left with some weed in a bag and drove high to my next meeting. The cops were checking cars and I started worrying, “I’m not a kid anymore, I’m going back to old philip, I should have said “no” and proceeded with the paperwork”. Since that I don’t want to smoke again. I dropped the ball. I’m my own boss and I chose to smoke weed and play guitar hero with a stranger at 10 AM on the job.

32 Likes

Till u get paranoid and all goes to shit lol

For me personally i feel like whatever feeling youre currently in will get amplified while high… If you’re feeling happy you’ll feel happy x10 if you’re feeling sad you’ll feel sad x10, if you’re in the mood to work out and you work out you work out like that’s all that ever existed and mattered in the world… I used to love working out high and for some time i would only work out in this manner and i wouldn’t want to work out if i was out of weed… Specifically for legs, because i would want to get numbed lol

I’d also feel more psychic and able to do more things with my mind… I had initially quit smoking weed January 7th of this year but started smoking again for 4 days or so and quit on may 18th again

It wasn’t the same for me… It wasn’t what i remembered it to be, @Desiree brought into the light that some times we glorify the little good things something may bring even though there’s so much bad things that come with it

For example it would make me paranoid sometimes because i investigate every single thought line that would come into my mind and some times it may be a negative thought and boom i go down the rabbit hole of negativity lol sure i became more energy sensitive and more psychic but it also brought back negative things…

I also have this thought form ive been dealing with and it’s gone away a lot but it was kind of reignited with me smoking again lol so there’s that

Being high allows me to be much more in the moment and self aware which causes me to be more aware of my abilities and sensibilities, but the downsides outweigh the highs for me

15 Likes

:100:

8 Likes

Call me the odd one out but I think one who partakes in smoking or, imo, whatever it is you want to do, can do so but the most ideal ideal of circumstances there is to apply consciousness and do whatever to minimize negative impacts in your world and of others’. Eventually, also due to consciousness’s being applied by that person, you’ll end up changing and likely end up not doing it if you end up seeing your life being better by changing around or dropping doing it.

Only wild card is how you can work with addiction. But there is seriously just no point smoking the dojas listening to ojas if you’re making yourself not even like it lol

5 Likes

I was just thinking about this🤯. There is no better feeling than being sober and control everything you can do, being in the “real” present moment

9 Likes

I smoke like a firefighter at times of the year, you just have to know how to manage your mental and these emotion … and it’s not the weed that controls you but quite the opposite

2 Likes

Love this. You are wise. I live exactly like this myself. :heart::sparkles::heart:

1 Like

Lol, innit. Been using amd abusing marijuana for 13 years. It was a gatsway drug for me, a gateway OUT of a dark place, but a very lingering gateway, one that has/is still very challenging to leave behind. Slowly finding my own peace of mind. Allowing sapiens audios to hold my hand, though i do keep ‘looking’ back. Tis my journey, and i accept that fully now.

6 Likes

This sounds like my process. Its been long and requires patience and complete trust and i truly have no idea if im finished yet. Anytime i ever have the balls to say ‘I’m done forever’, even just to myself i will invariably find myself smoking the next day (or hour). But I’m a bottomless pit with any drug I’ve ever taken (have very deliberarely avoided all opiates and crack for that reason, if I’d started down those roads my insatiable hunger for mors would have been the end of me) and once i break that seal i know where it goes, so its always a conscious choice if i go there. But it just takes too much from me now (wouldn’t you if someone were abusing you and you had no other defence? Its not like she can just walk away…) A real turning point for me was when i stopped believing addiction was getting in the way of my journey and realised it IS my journey. Loves.

3 Likes

@Captain_Nemo keeps making fun of me, but this is one thing I am yet to try lol (I have done Peyote, Ayahuasca, but not weed yet :dizzy_face:) and I am told my California membership will be revoked very soon for this reason… lol

I tried a magic brownie once and threw up right away haha

22 Likes

Oh my god, i have a magic brownie story. Not mine, my mothers. She has been drunk twice in her life, she is not at all into mind altering substances (this may be one of the many reasons shes convinced i was swapped at birth, we are so different in so many ways). Anyway, her man is right into a smoke. He took her to amsterdam not long after they met. They went to a cafe, he bought himself a brownie then proceeded to go to the toilet. Now, something wee lizzy DOES like is a smidgen of chocolate. She proceeded to eat his whole brownie (quite cheeky really, she’d just had her own non psychoactive one) not realising this was no ordinary brownie. Oh. My. Lord. She did NOT have a good night. Poor wee lizzy. :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
Ps i need to keep editing after i post. My phone is gubbed and i canny see most of the screen so many error in text. Annoying. But not worth getting fixed yet.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

so it’s been about 30 days since i had any marijuana.

again, i have no negative intentions towards anyone who enjoys weed! some of my close friends enjoy smoking together with positive benefits.

TLDR

got high. bad high. got help. learned.

i remember my last high i was really paranoid to the point that i wasn’t sure what or who to trust.

i was grateful because everyone i reached out to was so kind and supportive. they would sit and listen to me and all i felt from them was unconditional acceptance.

i was able to heal.

a friend lent me their book on empowerment. i read a chapter every day which is why i know i’ve been sober for about 30 days.

since being sober:

• past friends and acquaintances have been trying to reach me. some i reconnected with, others i didn’t
  • i have been exercising more which helps me feel more attractive and energetic
  • i have been staying outside longer which benefits my dog who used to just wait for me to get off the computer
  • i began volunteering and found that i really enjoy it. there’s an instant positive feedback when you see the problems, are given guidance to the solutions, and we all celebrate the work we collectively completed.
  • i joined a support group (unrelated to drugs) and my heart is starting to open up
  • i haven’t had any urge to go buy and consume marijuana

what i’ve learned:

• i need to stay sober to be available anytime my loved ones need me
  • i need to stay sober for the youth i work with who have a bright future ahead of them
  • i need to stay sober for my cute adorable (and yes sometimes annoying) dog who is my light in this world
  • i need to stay sober for myself and make this reality more beautiful and more loved and more peaceful than i found it

i’m grateful for the discussions taking place in this thread!

thanks for taking the time to read my post!

14 Likes

Hahahaha ahhh this had me crying laughing.

I have smoked weed very seldom probably can count them with both hands only.

I never took it like part of my life even tho i was surrounded by people smoking weed a lot specially when living in Jamaica mon! :sweat_smile:

But some years ago working at a very busy place,
I was having this fun ritual every friday after work, with my good friend which was also my boss, so we would buy food, and go to her place, sit at the back yard, drink some wine, smoke, talk about life and read each other the tarot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It went on for like 3 months and then she quit her job, i had no idea where to get and i wasnt going to smoke by myself either.

Then it took me a few weeks to realize i was a grumpy person on Fridays! Lol and would extend to the weekends, until i was like hold on… is the weed im missing. Nah never again lol

Before she quit she was having problems at work because she was smoking all the time at the parking lot from early. Then id call her after work and she wouldnt know what i was saying, i am glad it was just a time in my life to share about it not the norm.

(I dont judge tho, and i probably would smoke one day in a blue moon if i am out being all in the joy of nature lol near a fire pit) but thats it.

9 Likes

Hm… never tried any drugs except alcohol. Feel like an innocent little baby, haha!

11 Likes