New release: Enpp6 Enzyme

https://youtu.be/Rko6e5pXkZg
The ENPP6 gene codes for an enzyme called ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/ phosphodiesterase 6. The ENPP6 enzyme plays a key role in enabling your brain to grow new oligodendrocytes , the specific type of brain cells that create myelin for neurons [R, R].

ENPP6 is also highly expressed in myelin itself, suggesting that this enzyme also plays a direct role in the processes that allow oligodendrocytes to produce myelin in the first place [R].

Having proper levels of this gene is therefore important for overall brain myelination , which in turn is crucial for optimal cognitive function [R].

SNPs in the ENPP6 gene (such as rs4241784 ) have also been associated with more specific individual cognitive functions, such as fluid intelligence , processing speed , and learning and memory
(From https://selfdecode.com/gene/enpp6/ )

Uhh… is this the OP genius field?
@lol

51 Likes

Processing speed. Memory. My main weaknesses. NICE!

5 Likes

Will it be permanent if listened to for long time or is it just temporary boost for certain duration only?

2 Likes

Most likely it is only a temporary boost in production of the ENPP6 enzyme, similar to the hormone boost and antioxidant fields.

However, whether or not the boost is temporary, newly produced myelin and oligodendrocytes and some other positive benefits will remain in the longer term. :slightly_smiling_face:

27 Likes

YESSSSSSSS!

MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

THANKS @Captain_Nemo!

6 Likes

Excuse me,
Where did you find description of this field?
Did Dream confirm it’s field for that what you already mentioned?

The description is from some article which i found, when I googled this enzyme.

5 Likes

there is also a description in the comment section.

It is basically the same as @anon17734191

3 Likes

https://facultyopinions.com/prime/726579147

This also has more info on ENPP6 enzyme and its role in oligodendrocytes

1 Like

Enpp6 Enzyme + New Cognitive and Memory Enhancement Tag

14 Likes

In what order I should place this field then, as first or last, what do you think, before or after what field speaking about brain related fields??
What is your opinion

Before would be good.

2 Likes

Will this also help with building myelin for motor neurons (ex. allowing signals to go to your fingers so you can move each finger as normal)? Or is the focus of this mostly for mental improvements?

5 Likes

Oligodendrocytes code for myelin only for the brain.

Schuwann cells are the ones that make myelin for the nervous system outside of the brain.

So I dont think it will help

5 Likes

If you were to learn piano or wanted to master an instrument, myelin would still help in the brain.

It makes you make precise decisions and better clearer skill in instruments

8 Likes

Anyway my brain related fields in order for now are
brain hemisphere, brain enchantment, NGF, tDSC and NGF
Where now to place this one?

3 Likes

Before brain hemisphere and maybe one before brain enchancment.

3 Likes

Thank You! @Captain_Nemo
I really appreciate it! :hugs:
Genius Field it is!

5 Likes

Is it possible to add this to the New Cognitive and Memory Enhancement tag? @Captain_Nemo @SammyG

4 Likes

After how many times you mean?
I listened only 2-3 times but all okay