Speed Reading

The goal here is to improve reading comprehension while minimizing the time it takes to read a text.

63 Likes

@Dyslexic_Professor

10 Likes

@Dr_Manhattan How is this type of field even possible? Is speed reading even an achievable goal?

What results/expectations should we have after many months of listening?

1 Like

We all read at different speeds and we can measure the difference in WPM (words per minute).

There exist reliable speed training methods which enhances the sub-skills involved in reading: the eye movements, the letters and word recognition, the processing of written meaning, the immersion for in depth reading. The various abilities to connect what is read to prior-knowledge and various area for reasoning etc.

There also are alternative wirings for reading, some people have different styles, some are less efficients.

Also included are a few subtle psychic ways to connect to the text.

We want to break things down, enhance the small processing tasks involved and coordinate them better amongst themselves and distribute the load on more areas. The subtle psychic help is meant to further reduce the cognitive cost.

We’re not talking about reading Harry Potter in 30 minutes, but your WPM speed will noticeably increase along with your retention.

22 Likes

Waiting for language so badddd, please make it happennnnnnn!!! :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

3 Likes

@lonewolf
Don’t start spamming me

10 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

As long retention is kept in factor, then this is great. Many people speed read but forget what they were reading.

8 Likes

Exactly.
That’s the limiting factor we had to work with, it should even go up, more comprehension.

Otherwise sure, we can just scan the pages and somewhat follow what’s going on and guess the rest. Then we can read 10 books in one day, but that’s not really reading so what’s the point…

It’s the understanding and immersion that should be as seamless as possible, to process more.

20 Likes

Lol, he already made one and although it’s a community one: Grander Scheme. It may not be very worked up in brain details, it still should be pretty effective. Or you can get Negen-lingual in buying/selling thread. (Haven’t tried Grander Scheme, but Negen-lingual seems working pretty well to me)

2 Likes

Appreciate the effort. I remember last semester I speed read but didn’t get much idea at all. The point was I got some concepts in at a fast rate but didn’t understand it or forgot why this mattered in the first place lol. The memory was sort of there but it was fuzzy or didn’t make sense to me.

This is great for books I want to read on my spare time.

3 Likes

Not a brain field at all though
But hey, if it’s an emergency and people can’t wait

3 Likes

I know what it mean :smirk: .
It allows us to sleep on the book and finish reading when we wake up. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

It doesn’t. It’s meant to support and engage your perception to a higher degree while actively reading.

It’s a subtle coordination of your ESP to assist the processing to not only read with your eyes. We could call it Multi-channel text processing.

14 Likes

I also have exam due tomorrow and I haven’t studied at all because my mental health was at an all time low so I am thankful this came.

1 Like

Holy hell @Dr_Manhattan stop spoiling us so much!!! My credit card is gonna have a nasty bump in April, the brain key and the speed reading one!!

@Captain_Nemo thank you once again for spoiling us brats!!

6 Likes

Seems like this would combine well with Conceptual Realizations. This field = improved comprehension. Conceptual Realizations = understanding the deeper meaning behind the words.

1 Like

I see that children in particular can develop this unknown brain ability. There are also some people in history who can read this book by simply touching it. This method of reading is called quantum reading.

3 Likes

In addition, I had wanted to learn this kind of fast reading more than a decade ago, but I found it too difficult, even allowing me to develop a slower reading speed.

Do you describe the way in which words are treated as images, using the efficiency of the right brain in recognizing images to understand words? In this way, a one-page article can be instantly recorded in the brain and processed. Hahaha, thinking about it is like dreaming.

1 Like

Haah! I understand how you feel man, just be patient, I am sure Manhattan and Dream won’t disappoint you whenever they release the lang field!!

1 Like