Transferring an NFT between Phantom wallets

:sunflower: Hello!

I’m looking for some guidance on how to transfer an NFT out of my Phantom wallet to another forum member.

I recently acquired an NFT for someone else. It currently lives in my Phantom wallet until such time as I can figure out how to transfer it over. Were it any other process I’d feel pretty confident that I could feel my way through to a satisfactory conclusion. To compound the issue, I’m spoiled not only by Venly (wherein I have a handy green button that clearly says “Transfer”) but also by very generous former forum members (name rhymes with “Tuna”) who patiently and very generously took the time to test, write out & post her process here in the forum for the benefit of other forum members. Unfortunately with Phantom it doesn’t seem straight forward …at least not to me…so I worry that one wrong move and I’ll send the NFT off into the ethers, never to return.

Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. :dizzy:

6 Likes

on app. bottom has four squares - this opens pics of NFTs. select the top one and all should open. select the one you want to transfer and there is a send button

8 Likes

@Eli and I just made a transfer and it was pretty smooth. Boris also I know is quite well versed with phantom transfers.

This can be put into better words, but the process stays the same. You would need to buy SOL to be able to transfer NFTs to other phantom wallets.

As for how you can buy that, There are a couple ways available, the ones I currently know of right now are:

• Buying crypto through Binance, FTX, similar platforms.
  • Buying through the app using Moonpay with your card

For the first option, I believe you could also buy USDC for that and transfer that into SOL then send it to your own wallet address
For the second option, you can do so through the phantom wallet app. But I haven’t gone further the process myself, it seemed pretty easy though.

That, most importantly too :D

6 Likes
7 Likes

:sunny: Thank you all for your quick and thorough responses. I appreciate it! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Also important - Phantom charges transfer.

7 Likes

You mean with SOL? Pretty sure Venly does too but you also get Mattic each time you buy NFTs lol so it looks like it doesn’t, or just stabilizes as you buy more.
With phantom it wouldn’t make sense to have that option :D since the coin is the actual project (or however the jargon is for these :D)

3 Likes

Hi, Des! :hugs: you just reminded me that when I transferred an NFT from Phantom I first had to buy SOL and I couldn’t find it less than a $30 minimum block. If someone finds it for less, please let us all know. @VMMS

7 Likes

:face_with_monocle: I’d wondered about this. Thanks for clearing that up.

2 Likes

Yes. Example.

sol

And buying SOL is 30$ minimum. At least on Moonpay.

4 Likes

Good to know…thank you! :dizzy:

2 Likes

Yes @rosechalice, $30 is the minimum one has to pay.

3 Likes

Hi Rosie :heartpulse:

Yes I went on Moonpay to check for future reference if there were other ways to do it and I found out the same $30 deposit as well. This is because 1 SOL = ~$30-36

But if you buy USDC on something like FTX or Binance etc, You’d be able to buy SOL for only the amount you supplied in usdc

But good news is 1 SOL can pretty much last a looong time! Since transfers take up some 0.0002 or something!

7 Likes

Good to know, thanks! :pray:

3 Likes

Just use an exchange and purchase at little or as much SOL you want.

These on ramps have a high minimum…

7 Likes

I just transferred 5$ of SOL from Coinbase to phantom and it worked

7 Likes

Yes, wish I had known sooner, or even understood. I had an NFT to transfer so there wasn’t much time for a learning curve. But now I am armed with knowledge!!! :rofl: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

So in order to tranfer your nft it need balance right?

Yes, in order to transfer an NFT, you need to pay the transfer charge, which in the screen shot above is called a “network fee.” You need to pay that fee in the crypto called SOL. You’ll need a balance of that crypto in your account in order to pay that fee, yes.

2 Likes

And one dollar of Sol balance equivalent of 30 dollar?