With Spring's Mint on Demand will there be any changes to NFTs/Group projects?

Spring launched the new service below, Mint on Demand. It seems that it allows one to mint NFTs whenever they want to. I’m not certain of all the changes but I’m curious if @SammyG and @Captain_Nemo are aware and if this changes things moving forward.

15 Likes

Sounds like it might be good as an alternative to the tags.

10 Likes

Wow look at alignment, a almost perfect alternative to tags

7 Likes

Hi, there. Would you explain, as to a five-year old, please? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So the way tags were made was based on a “print on demand” style just how the shirt are.

Dream and Sammy don’t have to have buy a bulk amount of the product, the company would produce the product based on request (someone buys it) It then get printed and sent to the customer.

This would work the same way but in NFT version.

So let’s say armor of light and glory were to come back it would be made into an NFT once you buy it’ll be minted (that way dream doesn’t have to make a group and send the link to those in the link with a specific amount) all he would do is make the armor of light and glory into an NFT and once someone buys it it’ll be “minted”/ made allowing for your subconscious to register you are a owner of the NFT.

22 Likes

Thanks, Zen. That was really helpful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would also help everyone who has issues receiving shipping as that was a huge issue

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, I’ve wondered this recently. The fields are embedded into the digital token that is the NFT right so let’s say for example venly goes down or the website stops existing in the future for whatever reason.

Would that affect anything? Would it stop working because the digital good is no longer available where it was minted? Does it even work like that?

Genuinely curious. Still educating myself in the world of NFTs.

7 Likes

It’s energetic, and linked to your subconscious’ awareness that you are already the owner. It has nothing to do with where they are “housed” as the housing is within you, so to speak.

11 Likes

That sounds absolutely marvelous!

Yet still I love tags equally, there’s sth about physically having it, I don’t know

9 Likes

It is nice to have something physical to appreciate and enjoy and hold on to.

4 Likes

So does that mean If dream went for this there would be an unlimited amount of NFT? Or is it still limited.

Well this is if they decide to do it ofc.

community NFT would be limited I assume.

The “tags” would be unlimited…

If it happens…

5 Likes

The amount of NFTs would be potentially unlimited. There would be as many NFT copies of a field as copies where sold and minted.

However, those NFT copies would not be replicable.
Each copy can only be assigned to one particular owner.
So it would be a replication protection.

3 Likes

Exact the same question I’ve been asking myself for the last few weeks.

If venly goes down or stops existing, which is 100% possible, how we could transfer that NFT to our wife/husband/kids/whoever?

@SammyG @Captain_Nemo

5 Likes

a gift is legal ownership.
Its unlikely to go down, but once you received it legally then it will work if the site goes down or not
and if you give someone, the ownership would be transferred.
Doesn’t necessarily require venly.

30 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes