Alternative Payment Methods - What has worked for you? đź’˛

Moving discussions about alternative payment methods here.

NOTE: These suggestions for payment methods refer primarily to “payout” and do not necessarily guarantee that one of these methods will work on product websites for purchasing Sapienmed items. Please continue to share things that have worked for you for your particular jurisdiction (Thanks @kimchisauerkraut!).

Zelle (US)

Chime (US)

6 Likes

That’s Great. We need this Thread. Thanks.

Use Wise, without no doubts, the best option! I was dealing with the same problems, but now, it’s all good and set to go!

8 Likes

Yeah Wise is perfect. And the Revolut card works on gumroad, can confirm ;)

11 Likes

Wise works on gumroad? Last time i checked they said they dont accept alternative methods such as wise

It works, same as using VISA, Wise will simply issue a virtual card.

1 Like

I must’ve used it a hundred times so far, so I’m not sure what’s your source

The thing about payment methods is that what a company offers differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. What works for one person may not be available to another because of different country of residence.

2 Likes

Source

1 Like

This is about direct transfers through Wise, not their issued cards. But another comment is also correct, in your location Wise will most probably work through local banking institution, so they should still be identifiable as a card from your country of origin.

1 Like

This is about “payout” and not about buying products on gumroad.

1 Like

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:you’re right. My bad. Idk whats going on these days with me. I’ve been doing things like this all the time for a few days now.

Thanks for your input. I have hijacked your wording in the OP! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything for prepaid visas for patreon? Not a fan of credit cards and scores.

1 Like

Wise offers debit cards, at least in Europe.

I think wise offers prepaid / debit card in EU and a few selected countries. The reason why people keep asking is because they live in countries where wise does not offer payment card services.

1 Like

Hope it’s no problem if I add a bogus address?
For Revolut I’m asking…
Also, do I need to change my country of residence to US, to be able to buy from Gumroad?

BTW, I’ll also use vpn when buying.

It can eventually lead to your card being banned as was recently reported.

1 Like

What the hell…

OK, I’ll stick with someone else buying fields for me as gifts and send them to my email (that’s the way i become the owner, right? But only as a gift?) - of course, I’ll send the money first, for Admins who will want to help me…

Hmm…
I just don’t want to give them (Revolut) my address…

Or…
Maybe it doesn’t matter, I mean, it’s not like it’s the end of the world if I offer them my address.

Also, can I Actually buy from Captain’s Gumroad then, using Revolut, since I am Romanian?

There is a VAT and it’s a tax to pay. Not sure who get with this persistent fantasies that it’s something that can be avoided.

You can buy using debit card without any issues, but you have to provide your data to bank and I’m quite certain that it’s EU law. And yes, better, enter real data on GumRoad purchase, unless it’s not a hassle for you to replace a card and/or bank.

1 Like