Special Solstice Mass Meditation on 12/21

Winter Solstice (Solar New Year) is officially at Monday, December 21, 2020, 5:02 a.m. EST.
(Summer Solstice for those in the Southern Hemisphere)

Starting time: 4:32am EST

End time: 5:32am EST

Everyone is invited!!!

Afraid/Excited about some special happenings?

Then join the Mass Meditation and help prevent “bad things”/encourage “good things”.

Traditionally, Solstices and Equinoxes are powerful times for “magickal” workings for various reasons.

The Winter Solstice is the darkest day of the year, so our ancestors have been celebrating this sacred time for millennia. Since the Summer Solstice, the sun has sunk lower in the sky and the days have grown shorter and colder. On December 21st, the sun reaches its lowest point and after three days, begins climbing again as the days grow longer, and the promise of warm spring steers us through the cold.

This phenomenon was encoded into the stories of gods and demigods who ventured down into the Underworld, dying for three days, and then resurrecting with newfound power. This story forms the core of the Hero’s Journey we see in today’s Hollywood blockbusters from Lord of the Rings to Star Wars - both of which have consistently premiered around the Winter Solstice.

We see older versions of this story, from the Christian crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, Greek myths of Orpheus & Eurydice and Demeter & Persephone, and Algonquin legends of widowers who followed their dead wives into the afterworld. These stories are mythology, not in the sense of being unreal fictions, but in the sense of containing truths about the deeper mysteries of the life.

The rise and fall of the sun echoes the rise and fall of each of our lives, our years, and our days. This knowledge isn’t just a calendar for the seasons, but a connection between our inner life and the outer cosmos. We are each born in the Spring of our youth, reach the peak of our power in the Summer of our adulthood, wane in the Autumn of our old age, and ultimately surrender in the Winter of our death. But we also move through these seasons in a single day as we wake, rise, retire, and rest.

And even most profound, we move through these seasons with every challenge we face. As we awaken, we exert our influence and we meet opposition. Only by letting the weaker parts of ourselves die can we triumph, being reborn with new power and ready to take on the next challenge. So the story of Jesus dying for the cause of love and returning to life stronger; the tale of Frodo & Sam venturing into the heart of Mordor and defeating evil through the power of friendship; the trope of the Jedis dying only to become more powerful than we can ever imagine; these are not just religious fables or fantasy fictions, they are hinting at how the story of life unfolds for all of us, and they teach us the values and actions we must take to triumph.
https://shamanichealingla.com/blog/2019/12/17/the-mysteries-and-magic-of-winter-solsticenbsp

Recommended pre-listening:
New release : The Plasma Light and Infrasound Bioactive Beach
and/or
Imaginarium Divine
and/or
The Torsion Field (æther)
and/or
The Magician (1.0)

(will update more later)

30 Likes

Yessir :person_in_lotus_position:‍♂ :person_in_lotus_position:‍♂

7 Likes

I’ll be there, lighting up for the whole group.

8 Likes

Ooo ill join!

:hugs:

6 Likes

Anyone know what time that is for GMT

2 Likes

Hi @anon71772328 it will be 09:30 on your side of the pond.

7 Likes

Lovely, thank you @Jennyfire, I will be there :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Thanks for organising this, @_OM!
I’ve moved your post to the Announcements category. :slight_smile:
Will defo be there!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Yay! :clap: im in.

5 Likes

Awesome! I’ll be there too, really looking forward to it. :grinning:

7 Likes

Yey! :dizzy: :pray:

5 Likes

My friend @uial, you’re always spreading light, love, joy, and acceptance everytime you post…thank you so much for being so awesome! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I couldn’t miss those events and definitely not when it’s another solstice!

I can’t wait for this one!

Real question being, who is coming to today’s meditation?

I know I am. :woman_in_lotus_position: :earth_africa:

10 Likes

Thank you, @Jossette. :smile:
It’s always wonderful to see your light and positivity here too!

6 Likes

Awww Thank you so much, that means a lot coming from you. :grin:

5 Likes

Count me in too! :)

6 Likes

tenor

9 Likes

thank you. Just was asking myself the same question

2 Likes

Looking forward!!

4 Likes